Bachelor of Science European Studies and Public administration at the university of twente
This English-taught programme combines European Studies, Public Administration and Technology. You will explore technology’s role in society and the causes and solutions involved in complex issues.
European Public Administration is a social science. The emphasis in this programme is on how national and international government bodies work together with corporations and civil society organizations to solve society’s big challenges.
Choosing for the University of Twente means following an administration programme in a high-tech setting. This gives you an advantage on the job market. You will not become a techie, but you will understand how engineers look at the world. You will learn about technology’s influence on society and how you can use it to handle social challenges. Read more about European Public Administration at the University of Twente.
Looking to obtain a master's degree?
Please refer to the website of the MSc European Studies programme at the University of Twente.
Society and technology
Technological developments have a major impact on societal problems. That means they also influence public administration. Think, for example, of developments going on in the digital landscape, such as social media platforms and their influence on the privacy of Internet users, safety on the streets, or social inequality.
This is why as an expert in public administration and in all things European, you have to keep in step with the latest technological developments. At the University of Twente you will – and, on top of that, you will learn to use innovative applications and technologies to explain and solve society’s problems.
Eureopean public administration
At the University of Twente we combine European Studies with Public Administration to help you engage with the causes of these complex problems and their solutions. You will adopt a broad and integrated perspective in which Europe serves as a crucial link between local, national and global levels. In your second year, you will have the opportunity to specialize in:
Why study European Public Administration at the University of Twente?
- This programme takes a broad approach. It combines policy, management and technology;
- You will focus on organization, policy, leadership, strategy, vision and management in a public-sector and governmental context;
- You will participate in project teams and collaborate with your fellow students on the real-life issues that our society faces;
- You will discover how European Public Administration and technology are interlinked;
- You will have plenty of opportunity to gain practical experience by completing an internship;
- EPA is a unique combination of Public Administration and European Studies;
- You will be immersed in a programme that is taught entirely in English, so your English-language skills will improve with leaps and bounds;
- The programme has an international focus: you will be working with students and professors of many different nationalities;.
- The programme features a low student-teacher ratio and an informal atmosphere, with outstanding supervision and guidance.
Discover more reasons to study European Public Administration.
Graduate opportunities as an expert in Public Administration or Europe
A Bachelor’s degree in European Public Administration from the University of Twente gives you plenty of advantages in the job market:
- Your national and international knowledge means you know more about how to tackle the major, complex challenges that society, government and the business world are facing.
- The freedom of choice offered by the programme gives you a whole range of professional prospects. The combination of a broad-based, solid foundation and opportunities to pursue your interests provides you with an outstanding preparation for a follow-up Master’s programme.
- Our international project-led education means you are able to cooperate effectively with people from a variety of cultures and international backgrounds.
- Your experience of international project-led education and internships during the programme equips you with a wealth of invaluable practical insights.
Find out more about job opportunities after European Public Administration
JOINT DEGREE PUBLIC GOVERNANCE ACROSS BORDERS
As a part of the European Public Administration programme, we offer the option of a joint degree in ‘Public Governance Across Borders’ with the Westfalische Wilhelms Universität (WWU) in Munster, Germany. If you opt for the joint degree programme, you will follow your first year in Münster, and your second and third years here in Enschede. With a mere 70 km distance between the two universities, this is a unique chance for you to learn more about international and intercultural differences, while getting a Joint Bachelor of Science degree. Read more about the joint degree.
Victoria's first week at the university
Read more about the bachelor of Science programme European Public Administration
Are you keen to know more about the European Public Administration programme at the University of Twente? Take a look at our study programme, admission requirements and your career prospects as an EPA graduate. Feel free to contact us with any specific questions you may have.