STRATEGIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (SBD) SUPPORTS UT EMPLOYEES IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
This information is only available after login.
Information only visible for employees
SBD has a dedicated project management pillar to support researchers in their European and National projects.
If you are a coordinator and you want support in the execution of your project, we have project managers (PM) who can help you. Our project managers have extensive knowledge on how to deliver a high quality project within budget and planning. This will create time for you to focus on the content and generating groundbreaking results.
WE HAVE KNOWLEDGE ON:
“We bring the knowledge you didn’t know you needed.”
- What does the funder really want (and when)
- How do I build a successful team
- What do I do when things go wrong
- Consortium Agreements
- GDPR and personal data
- Data management
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Specific schemes like MSCA or ERC
Some topics we are not the experts on, but we do know who how to reach the experts working within the UT community, to assure a smooth sailing.
HOW CAN WE HELP:
“We can do everything you dislike, so you can focus on the research.”
- Coordinate the consortium agreement
- Implement project processes (Internal and External Communication, Quality -, Risk -, and Data Management, Cascade funding)
- Make a planning, stick to the planning
- Organize deliverable writing (template, coordinate input, keep focus)
- Write deliverables on specific (non-research) topics like DMP, Ethics, etc.
- Coordinate meetings & reviews
- Coordinate amendments
- Coordinate project finances
WHO WILL HELP YOU:
“We just get the job done.”
The SBD Project Manager
- Generalist with a passion for research
- Pro-active self-starter
- More management experience than a Post-doc
- Part of the Project Managers Team
- Back-up for long term illness or pregnancies
- Sharing of knowledge and experiences between the PM’s
- Access to PM knowledge base, Best practices, and Examples
- Access to National and International EU-PM networks
HOW DO I PAY FOR ONE?
“We are great value for money."
- Just add a PM to the budget in the proposal (ask Grants Office how to)
- Once the project has started, the PM will be at your assistance
- The PM will write hours on the project
- No additional overhead to your group (besides a desk, keyboard and a monitor)
- Network within the UT, so more (cost and time) efficient than an external PM
WHAT ARE THE EXPERIENCES SO FAR?
“Just some unsolicited feedback so far”
Project 1: A happy project partner:
“I've been on EU projects before and this is the best coordinated by far. That makes a huge difference to the success of the project.”
Project 2: An EU Project Officer:
“The project seems very well managed also because there is an experienced project manager to help the scientific coordinator”
Project 3: It’s never too late to ask for PM help. (Feedback after taking over the project 2 years in)
“The project gained a lot from you taking over and got a much better focus, direction and cooperation after that”
OK, I AM CONVINCED. HOW DO I GET A PM?
“From now on, we’re on your team!”
- Create budget for a PM in the proposal
- Contact Jorien van Loon (SBD-PM office) to discuss the possibilities
- Inform us when your proposal gets granted
- We will set you up with a PM
- Together, we’ll create a project people want to excel in