The university has a wide range of teaching spaces. Large or small, spaces with flexible seating formats, rooms specifically intended for exams, lecture theatres and so on.
The teaching space administrators of Facility Services provide support for users of these spaces so that their activities run as smoothly as possible. This includes tidiness and cleanliness in the rooms and halls, arranging the furniture, dealing with equipment faults, putting presentations on the computer and replenishing supplies such as pens, etc. Unless stated otherwise, this is the software used in the lecture halls.
In order to make using the teaching spaces as pleasant as possible for everyone, it’s important that users leave the rooms in a clean and tidy condition:
- Would you like a different furniture arrangement? That’s no problem of course, but please return the furniture to the standard arrangement when you’ve finished.
- Please return all the used materials (board wipers, chalks, whiteboard markers, waste bins etc.) to their designated places when you’ve finished.
- Please throw away your waste.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the teaching spaces.
Is something not working properly? Then please inform the Service Desk of your building as soon as possible.
The software on the computers in the lecture theatres requires the licences of the University of Twente. In general, the most recent software will be installed. New versions will be implemented after LISA tests during the next installation round (twice a year).
- Windows 10 Enterprise X64
- Microsoft Office 2016
- SPSS 24
- Mathlab 2016
- Mathematica 11.1
- Endnote X8
- Irfanview 4.41
- Adobe Reader
- Shakespeak plugin
- VLC player
Lecture room supervisors support the users of the lecture rooms for optimum realization of activities. The lecture room supervisor will assist you with the following:
- Order and cleanliness in the lecture room
- Arranging the furniture
- Fixing problems with the equipment
- Checking you wishes
- Providing audio-visual support
- Providing markers, chalk and other supplies
If you want to use a furniture arrangement that differs from the standard arrangement in a lecture room, you can contact Internal Service for assistance in realizing the desired arrangement. You can direct your request to the Service Desk of your building. When there is a problem with a computer, beamer, microphone, etc. contact the Service Desk in your building directly. They will send a lecture room supervisor to you as soon as possible, to fix the problem.
Minor repairs can be requested for all rooms. The Service Desk in your building is the first point of contact of the department of Campus & Facility Management. You can contact the Service Desk with all questions, remarks, defects, complaints, requests, etc. in connection with facility services. For any other questions regarding the Facility Department you can contact the secretary's office.
In order to allow everyone to make optimum use of the lecture rooms, it is important that you ensure the room is clean and tidy when you leave it:
- Furniture must be returned to the original arrangement. A map of the arrangement can be found at the entrance to the room
- All materials (board wipers, chalk, whiteboard markers, bins, etc.) must be returned to their intended locations after use
- At the end of the lecture, any waste must be deposited in the provided bins or the waste collection points in the hallways. Consumption of food in the lecture rooms is not allowed
- Any defects can be reported to the Service Desk of the building
Use of the lecture rooms for educational purposes is scheduled via the BOZ of the faculty. For other purposes, please contact the Booking Office.