Requirements for application
In order to be eligible for a the Kipaji Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
Your programme starts in September 2016;
For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes before 15 March 2016;
o You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- How you will contribute to strengthen the scientific and/or economic capacity in your home country
o You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
o You originate from one of the DAC countries, listed here
o You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
o You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
o You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 8 (out of 10) to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship and comply with above mentioned requirements. The Kipaji Scholarship benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2016 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2016 at the latest.
€ 6,000 - € 12,000 for one year (approximately 2 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.