The UT’s Twente Mobility Fund (TMF) offers all students the possibility to study or do an internship/graduate outside Europe for a period of 8 to 52 weeks. A TMF scholarship amounts to € 65 per week for students studying or doing an internship in a non-European country, with a maximum of € 1.000,-. The total sum can also be influenced by any additional compensation you may receive (see below).
There has been a policy change for the Twente Mobility Fund for all mobilities starting between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018.
All eligible students starting an internship/graduation project abroad (outside Europe) within this time frame will be granted a fixed amount of € 500,- per mobility. The conditions are the same, so please check the conditions below for eligibility.
If you receive additional compensation (e.g. salary, free housing, scholarship) from your host organisation, your TMF scholarship may be reduced. If your total compensation is higher than your awarded TMF-scholarship the difference between the two amounts will be subtracted from your total scholarship.
- You need to declare the total amount of compensation you receive during your stay.
- If you are informed of compensation after the initial TMF approval, your scholarship will be recalculated. If this results in a reduced total scholarship you may have to pay back (part of) your scholarship.
- You are enrolled as a full time UT student at the moment of scholarship application and for the entire duration of your stay abroad.
- Your study or internship/graduation project abroad is part of your Bachelor or Master curriculum.
- You can only apply for a TMF scholarship if you have not received any (other) scholarship (TMF, Erasmus+, Holland Scholarship) during the same study phase (Bachelor or Master).
- You are studying abroad or doing an internship/graduation project outside Europe for a period of 8 to 52 weeks.
- During the entire period abroad you are both living and studying/working/researching in the host country.
- A TMF scholarship is not meant for mobility to your home country.
- A limited number of scholarships is available in the first and second quarter of 2018 (Jan-Jun). These TMF-scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. (See Application Procedure.)
- Apply for a TMF scholarship at least two weeks before departure.
- Make sure you finalize your scholarship application within one month after your end date.
The UT does not provide financial support for study/internship in areas or countries that are considered unsafe (in Dutch: ‘onveilig’) by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. International Office reserves the right to deny your TMF application based on additional safety information. For detailed information (in Dutch) about the safety of countries worldwide, please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (link below). Keep in mind that study/internship abroad is always considered a non-essential trip.
All scholarship applications will automatically take place when your mobility is registered in Mobility Online.
Since there is only a limited number of scholarships available in the first half of 2018, these TMF-scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. We will consider the moment you answer the Scholarship Questions in Mobility Online as your application for a scholarship. Your application may be declined because the maximum number of scholarships has already been awarded for the period in question.
All applications starting on or after 1 July 2018 that are eligible for TMF according to the conditions above, will be granted.
The application deadline for TMF is at least two weeks before departure!
After your TMF-scholarship has been awarded, you will receive an advance payment of 75% of your total scholarship.
Any changes to your mobility (e.g. changes in duration) can be registered in Mobility Online in the 'during the mobility' section. There are no other steps to take during your stay abroad.
Before the end of your mobility you are able to download a Letter of Appointment in Mobility Online. This document contains information on the nature of your assignment. It needs to be completed, signed and stamped by your supervisor at the host organization, and uploaded within 4 weeks after the end of your mobility. After your Letter of Appointment has been uploaded, you will receive the remaining amount of your scholarship.
Please note: if the Letter of Appointment contains different information (in dates or compensation amount) than the initial application, the total scholarship amount will be recalculated!
If you have any questions about TMF or other outgoing scholarships, please feel free to email our Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.