We host an environment making windows applications available to the end user. Horizon makes use of HTML and/or a Horizon client, enabling the service to support various OS platforms.
We host an environment making applications available to the end user. Horizon makes use of Horizon and/or a Horizon client, enabling the service to support various OS platforms such as Windows/Linux/MacOS/IOS/Android etc.
Using Horizon, we can:
- host a safe work environment with improved security for applications and databases.
- easily provide applications to Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD).
- provide Windows applications to non-Windows systems.
- directly control the use of UT-licensed software.
For more information about Horizon, please contact your faculty ICT Account Manager.
To make use of this environment, please, make a requsts via this link.
The application range is continuously updated depending on use.
Current software offer:
- Skype for Business
- MS Project 2016
The fee for using this environment amounts to 50 euros per year per user.
If a user starts an application, the appliction is not run on the system of the user but on a back-end server environment in the UT's datacenter. All processor, memory and disk intensive tasks are run in the server environment and only the output, the application window, is displayed on the user's system.
At this moment the server environment is only executed in a single data center. This means that the environment does not provide high availability, which may lead to down-time. It is possible that the hardware will be redundantly implemented in both data centers in the future in order to increase availability.
- Virtual workplace (Horizon) Windows
- Virtual workplace (Horizon) MacOS
- Virtual workplace (Horizon) Linux