16, 17, 18 October 2017
11, 12, 13 December 2017
Time and Place
9.00-17.00 (with simple lunch) in Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 80 participants.
TCP qualified teachers
Will be provided before and during the training.
PhD-candidates from UT.
After this three-day intensive workshop you will
- Have had ample practice presenting yourself and your research in different academic settings (introducing yourself, research pitch, poster presentations, conference presentations)
- Have helped your peers improve their presentation skills through giving effective feedback
- Have an understanding of your presentation strengths and areas which you could develop further
Expect a very supportive environment where you will work together in small groups with your peers and a coach to develop your presentation skills. You will focus on task such as:
- Introducing yourself
- Introducing your research
- Making a research poster
- Presenting your research at a conference
- Powerpoint presentations
- Giving feedback to peers
What NOT to expect:
- In-depth treatment of basic English language and pronunciation issues
- In-depth treatment of field specific content
Participants are required to attend all three days of the Academic Presentations Bootcamp. You will be required to prepare a first draft of a research poster, and prepare a 10 minute Powerpoint presentation to introduce your research project prior to the bootcamp. Preparation time: approximately 6 hours. The total time investment amounts to 1 ECTS.
English language proficiency at level CEF B2 or higher (Common European Framework) is required.
If you are placed on the waiting list for the current course, you will be notified as soon as the sign up for the next Coaching Bootcamp is online. This will ensure your participation in the next Coaching Bootcamp.