13 August up to and including 21 August 2018
Time and place
This course will take place in the Skills Lab on the campus of the University of Twente, Enschede
€500, including course materials
Maximum 15 participants per group
Qualified teacher of Dutch as a second language of the TCP Language Centre
Will be provided at the beginning of the course. We’ll work with: Start.nl
This course is intended for PhD-candidates, employees (and their partners) and all prospective UT students who would like to learn Dutch. Also non-UT participants are very welcome to join the course.
When you are a German speaking native, please check the special course of Dutch at WWU Weiterbildung.
This course will provide participants with a basic knowledge of Dutch (CEF-level of A1). Participants receive a course certificate after completion.
This course is an introduction to Dutch language. It covers reading, listening, writing and speaking. Participants will also learn more about Dutch culture and society.
Translated in terms of the Common European Framework for modern foreign languages (CEF), this means that at the end of this course, participants:
- can understand and use familiar every-day expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
The course consists of group tuition. Lessons are from Monday to Friday from 9.00 – 13.00 hrs, from Monday 13 August up to and including Tuesday 21 August 2018.
Duration and time investment
- 28 hrs of lessons(7 days)
- Participants are expected to invest 3 hrs per lesson day on self study
Open entry. Participants are not expected to have any prior knowledge of Dutch. Knowledge of English (language of instruction) with an approximate level of B1 is required.
Preparing your departure
When non-EU resident, visa may be required. Please, check: https://www.utwente.nl/en/student-services/visa/entry-visa/