Chemisch Technoloog / Daily Engineer
1 - okt - 2017
Toelichting functie omschrijving
For the DAP (DSM Advanced Polyesters) plant of the manufacturing site in Emmen of DSM Engineering Plastics (DEP)* we are looking for a Daily Engineer to support the Daily Operation of the plant by providing technological expertise. You act as second-line troubleshooter, and implement improvements on processes, procedures, handling and master data (recipes). As Daily Engineer you contribute to the optimization and improvement of the production process by providing technological expertise. In this role you report to Manager Operations. This position is open for graduates in the field of chemical engineering or comparable.
• Identify and analyze incidental and structural process interruptions, disturbances and/or inefficiencies related to SHE, Quality, throughput and operation costs.
• Support the handling of manufacturing complaints (root cause analysis, define and execute preventative and corrective actions together with other parties concerned)
• Provide technological input, for quality and safety documentation and investigation purpose. (ISO/TS 16949, FMEA-reviews, Control Plan, cyclic Hazop and RIE)
• Guide test runs or first commercial production batches in case of application of new or improved recipes (handed over by the Product Development Engineer, XP-phase of APQP process) or when using other raw materials.
• Solve incidental and structural process interruptions, disturbances and/or inefficiencies related to SHE, Quality, throughput and operation costs.
• Optimize production recipes and procedures within agreed limits.
• Act as first focal point of Operations for technological and product related issues to and from R&T, Marketing and Purchasing.
• Promote a positive SHE attitude internally and externally in compliance with all regulations, and a proactive approach towards SHE, focused on monitoring unsafe situations. Proactive indicate and execute improvement actions.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Chemical Engineering or comparable
• Preferably 1-2 years of Manufacturing and/or R&T experience as process engineer
• Experience with statistical techniques and evaluation tools
• In-depth knowledge of the plant and the process, recipes, products and raw materials and applications of the products
• Qualification in Green Belt Lean/Six Sigma is preferred
• Strong safety awareness
• Knowledge of work processes (OPN, AU) and Quality System ISO TS 16949
• Experience with and knowledge of RCA/FMEA methodology and SHE/Risk assessment
• Good communication skills, team player, and mindset to Continuous Improve
• Result oriented, hands-on attitude and problem solving skills
• Fluent in Dutch and a good level of English
Procedure & contact
Interested in this role? Please apply online by uploading your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions, please contact Kees van der Sluijs (Manager Operations PA6/DAP, firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions related to the procedure, please contact Femke Daemen (Recruitment Business Partner, email@example.com)
* DSM Engineering Plastics is a global supplier of high-performance engineering thermoplastic solutions. DSM Engineering Plastics has a focused portfolio of products; with each of them it has realized global leadership. DSM is the global number 3 in the overall market for semi-crystalline engineering plastics and is the global market leader in high-temperature polyamides.
The Site DSM Engineering Plastics Emmen produces the polymer Polyamide 6 (Nylon) based on caprolactam in the PA6 plant. This polymer is used in textile and carpet yarns and for domestic, industrial and electrical applications. Additionally, in the Compound plant, polymers for specific applications are made based on five basic polymers. These polymers are made by adding coloring agents, reinforcing agents, mold release agents, flame retardants or other additives, and are supplied under the name Akulon, Arnite and Arnitel. DAP manufactures raw materials for both plants. The end products are then packaged and prepared for shipment. There are high demands in the field of SHE: DSM achieves an accident-free workplace.