This event provided an opportunity to:
- Learn about recent developments in practice and research in the area of technical communication;
- Learn about the final results of the TecCOMFrame project, a project in which the competencies of technical communicators are investigated (https://www.teccom-frame.eu/teccomframe/);
- Meet other people who are interested in technology and communication;
- Take a tour through the university’s new DesignLab, a creative and cross-disciplinary lab, connecting science and society through design. Faculty and students from all fields work together with companies and governments to implement and develop scientific and technological insights that can be used in finding and shaping creative, innovative and meaningful solutions for complex societal challenges (https://www.utwente.nl/en/designlab/).
Invited were industry representatives, technical communicators, researchers, teachers and students and all other interested stakeholders to exchange information, to learn from each other and to strengthen relations.
Joyce Karreman, University of Twente
Matthijs Mensink & Debbie van Rijswijk, Nedap Livestock Management
Edward Faber & David Reid, Thales T-XChange
Peter van Bart, Eluxis
Jitske Botma, University of Twente
Evelien Boensma, University of Twente
Yumeng Yang, University of Twente
Knowledge sharing with virtual-, augmented-, and mixed-reality
Jeroen Schiphorst, Recreate
Location: University of Twente, building Gallery, INFORM (https://www.utwente.nl/en/contact/route/)
Further information can be obtained by sending an e-mail to Joyce Karreman (email@example.com).
A video impression of the day can be found here
The event was organized by:
- University of Twente, department of Communication Science
- Eluxis, Knowledge Management
- TecCOMFrame project