Join us for the hDMT International Organ-on-Chip Symposium 2016 (IOOCS16) on March 9 and March 10, 2016!
Hosted by the the MIRA Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine and the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands.
- The hDMT IOOCS16 is an interdisciplinary meeting open to all international scientists and engineers who are actively interested in the emerging field of organs-on-chips. hDMT (Institute for Human Organ and Disease Model Technologies) is an organization dedicated to research and development of organs-on-chips, initiated in the Netherlands (www.hdmt.technology). The IOOCS16 is the first of what will be a series of annual symposia.
- The symposium is a unique opportunity to interact with key researchers in the field, both those from the multidisciplinary partners of the hDMT and those from other universities, institutions and companies.
- Key international leaders in the field of disease model technology will be giving invited presentations. Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Thomas Eschenhagen, Director Department of Experimental Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Germany
- Adam W. Feinberg, Associate Professor, Regenerative Biomaterials and Therapeutics, Carnegie Mellon University, United States
- Matthias Lutolf, Director and professor, Institute of Bioengineering Laboratory of Stem Cell Bioengineering, EPFL, Switzerland
- Steven Kushner, Professor of Neurobiological Psychiatry, Erasmus MC, The Netherlands
- Jaap den Toonder, Professor of Microsystems, TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- All international scientists and engineers who are interested in organs-on-chips are welcome to register and be a part of this symposium. They will have the opportunity to attend all talks by senior leaders and by upcoming talent in the field and to network with other scientists in an interactive poster session and a ‘Meet-the-Experts’ lunch.
- Registration is only €150 (including two lunches, dinner and refreshments) and registration will be open until March 1, 2016. Please click here for the registration form.
- All oral presentations and the poster session (but not the lunches or the dinner) can be attended by Bachelor's students and Master's students at no cost. Do register via this link and bring your student ID for free entrance!
We hope to welcome you in Enschede this March!
The organizing committee.
- Albert van den Berg
- Christine Mummery
- Robert Passier
- Andries van der Meer
- Janny van den Eijnden - van Raaij
- Mieke Schutte
- Jojanneke Schuiling - Jukes
- Miranda Wiehink
For more information, please contact Ms. Jojanneke Schuiling - Jukes (MIRA Institute, University of Twente) or Ms. Janny van den Eijnden (hDMT).