PHI Quantera SXM - XPS system
XPS. Scanning X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy. A scanning X-ray beam probes a surface by creating photo electrons. Results are amongst others the atomic composition of the surface and binding energies of the photo electrons. Binding energies can indicate possible compounds in the surface.
- Charge neutralisation by low energy electrons and Ar-ions to keep the electronic work function constant in case of isolating materials
- Depth profile measurements by sputtering with high energy Ar-ions > 5nm
- Angle resolved measurements for non destructive depth probing < 5 nm
- Zalar rotation for better sputter profiles.
- Element mapping and line scans with a resolution of minimal 9 um.