ANNOUNCE A TRANSFERRED CALL IN SKYPE FOR BUSINESS (LYNC) from a cell phone or external phone caller
To announce a transferred call in Skype for business follow the steps described in this manual.
In this situation a user is being called by an cell phone or external number, this person wants to be transferred to another Skype user.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
- This manual is meant for employees of the University of Twente.
- To transfer a call from a skype caller there is another manual.
- This is a general manual. It is possible that the steps in this manual differ from the steps you have to take.
- You will have to carry out actions regularly when going through the manual. A fixed writing method is applied: references to text and buttons on screens are in italics, details you have to enter are in bold.
Transferring the call
Step 1: To accept the incoming call and place it on hold
1. When a call “pop-up” appears, take a moment to put on your headset.
2. Click on the pop-up to accept the call.
3. When you are ready to place the call on hold, click Hold (optional).
Placing the call on hold is optional-the call will be automatically placed on hold when you make a new call to the intended recipient. However, it can feel more familiar to place the call on Hold if you prefer.
A banner will display on the original conversation window showing that the call is on hold.
step 2: To make a new call to the intended recipient of the transfer.
1. Open the Skype for Business (Lync) main panel.
2. Type the name of the recipient in the search box, or find them in your Contacts List.
3. Hover over their profile photo to reveal the options, then click the Call icon.
A new conversation window opens for the selected contact.
4. Announce the call to the intended recipient.
Step 3: To complete the transfer.
1. If you want to speak to the caller, return to the original conversation window and click Resume Call (optional)
2. When you are ready to complete the transfer, click the Call Controls icon in either call window.
3. Select the Transfer icon.
Any open conversations are listed in the Transfer Call window.
4. Select the conversation with the intended recipient, then click Transfer.
The call is transferred and you will be dropped out of the call-both conversation windows will close automatically.