Term and conditions / costs increase print quota
Terms and Conditions
User manual for topping up a printing account
You are about to top up the account you use to pay for the documents you print on the Xerox® multi-functional printers which can be found on University of Twente’s premises. This account will hereafter be referred to as your ‘printing account’. Topping up your balance and use of the equipment are subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read them and show that you consent to be bound by them by ticking the relevant box.
1. To top up your printing account, you can make a payment of €3.00, €5.00 or €10.00. Your payment will be made to Xerox Nederland B.V., with which UT has entered into a service contract. Topping up your balance through iDeal is subject to an administration fee of €0.60. This fee will be charged every time you top up your balance.
2. Printing fees:
• Each single-sided A4 black-and-white print or photocopy costs €0.03.
• Each two-sided A4 black-and-white print or photocopy costs €0.06.
• Each single-sided A3 black-and-white print or photocopy costs €0.04.
• Each two-sided A3 black-and-white print or photocopy costs €0.08.
• Each single-sided A4 colour print or photocopy costs €0.05.
• Each two-sided A4 colour print or photocopy costs €0.10.
• Each single-sided A3 colour print or photocopy costs €0.06.
• Each two-sided A3 colour print or photocopy costs €0.12.
3. All of the prices listed above are inclusive of VAT.
4. By making your payment, you irrevocably top up your printing account.
5. By making your payment, you agree to Xerox’ processing those of your personal details which Xerox requires to process your payment and make printing credit available to you. In processing these details, Xerox will act in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act and will never use your data for any other purposes than topping up your printing balance.
6. You should generally be able to use your printing account immediately after making your payment. Due to technical reasons, your credit may not be available at once.
7. Xerox shall not be held liable in the event that:
• A client is unable to top up his or her printing account (e.g. due to non-sufficient funds or because Internet banking is unavailable);
• The multi-functional printers are temporarily out of action due to maintenance or other such service interruptions.
8. Xerox reserves the right to:
• Revise these terms and conditions. Revised terms and conditions will come into effect 30 days after having been published. If printing fees are raised, such will be announced at least 3 months in advance.
• Reject a client’s request to top up his printing balance due to improper use of the multi-functional printers.
9. Students will receive a one-time printing balance of 125 units, which represents a value of €6.25. This balance is for their own private use and should be regarded as an indemnification for costs incurred. Students will not receive any form of compensation for any balance on their account which is left unused.
10. Users of the multi-functional printers shall not be entitled to any refunds of their printing balance in the event that:
• They quit their studies
• A printer is out of service
• UT’s service contract with Xerox is terminated.
11. If UT’s service contract with Xerox is terminated, the university will ensure that users of the printers will be notified at least 2 months in advance.