Welcome to the Self-Management & Health Assessment Lab!
Our mission is to improve health and wellbeing by integrating personalized self-management, optimal measurement and motivating technology.We combine expertise in health psychology, medicine and psychometrics and work from the perspective of the users: the key players to improve their health, to find good ways to deal with chronic disease and to maintain social participation.
Exemplary research projects
PhD Candidate: Roos Y. Arends
PhD Candidate: Marleen Bratti-Van der Werf
- Innovative measurement of fatigue
- A crosswalk for converting scores
- Web-based Patient Decision Aid (PtDA)
- Köhle, N., Drossaert, C. H., Schreurs, K. M., Hagedoorn, M., Verdonck-De Leeuw, I. M., & Bohlmeijer, E. T. (2015). A web-based self-help intervention for partners of cancer patients based on acceptance and commitment therapy: A protocol of a randomized controlled trial. BMC Public
- Oude Voshaar, M. A. H., Ten Klooster, P. M., Glas, C. A. W., Vonkeman, H. E., Krishnan, E., & Van De Laar, M. A. F. J. (2014). Relative performance of commonly used physical function questionnaires in rheumatoid arthritis and a patient-reported outcomes measurement information system computerized adaptive test. Arthritis and Rheumatology, 66(10), 2900-2908.
- Nota, I, Drossaert CHC, Taal E & van der Laar. (2014). Patients’ considerations in the decision-making process of initiating disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs. Arthritis Care & Research (in press)https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/acr.22531/abstract
- Nikolaus, S., Bode, C., Taal, E., & van de Laar, M.A.F.J. (2013). Fatigue and factors related to fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review. Arthritis Care and Research, 65(7), 1128-1146.
- More papers