Opening the text editor
To post or edit the content of a page, double-click the .rtd file in WebHare. The text editor is now being opened in a new WebHare tab.
Text editor functions
Successively, the text editor includes the following functions:
- Save button: to save and publish the file.
- Close button: to close the file and the text editor tab.
- Format styles: choose from 'Normal' (for plain text), 'Heading 1' to 'Heading 4' (headings), a list (with numbers or bullets) or embedded content (html-code).
- Lists: with bullets or numbers.
- List indentation: to determine the level of indentation of an item in a list.
- Paragraph symbol: to display the chosen format styles left of the content.
- Item properties: to edit the properties of an image, link or video.
- Text styles: choose from bold, italic, underline or strikethrough. This does not have any effect on the buttons.
- Subscript and superscript: small text just above or below the line.
- Including a link: select text and click this button to link the text to an internal or external URL (web link).
- Including an image: uploading an image and adding it to the content.
- Including a video: adding a YouTube or Vimeo video to the content.
- Content: insert the desired text for the web page.
Heading 1 is applied to the heading at the top of the content (title of the file or folder). Use Heading 2-4 as subheadings (so do not use bolded text to mark that a certain word group should be seen as a subheading).
After including an image, the properties of the image can be adjusted through the i button. .
After including a video, the properties of the video can be adjusted through the i button. .
After including a URL, the properties of the URL can be adjusted through the i button. .