Folder and File naming
Although Webhare itself gives no limitations for the naming of folders and files, for clarity and consistency purposes the following rules apply for naming files and folders:
- The name of a folder or file may not contain any capitals.
- The name of a folder or file may not contain any spaces. Instead, use a hyphen (‘-’).
- The name of a folder or file should be short and to the point. Therefore, use a maximum of 10 characters. Use the ‘Title’ field of the folder or file to give an extended name description.
- The title of a folder or file should always begin with a capital letter.
- Avoid using special characters in the name of a folder or file. Examples of special characters are: “, \, &, ^, $ en €.
A description can be added for every file of your WebHare site. Search engines are able to use this description. In some cases WebHare will display this description. The following rules apply to the description of files:
- Adding a description of a file is not required, but highly recommended.
- A description may contain a maximum of 2048 characters. A shorter description is recommended.
- A description may contain HTML source code. However, using HTML source code is strongly discouraged. Incorrect HTML code may limit the correct functioning of your website.