In 2017, the UT phone book will be replaced. The new version will be more then just a phone book: the result pages of the phone book can be personalized and extended to personal employee pages in the future. If you want, they can replace current personal pages in department's websites.
Phase 1: Replacing the UT phone book
The new phone book will add some new functionalities:
- Option to add a photo (no photo, employee card photo or own photo)
- Link to the website of your faculty, service, department, etc.
- Option to make details either externally or only internally accessible
- Displaying anxillary activities ('nevenwerkzaamheden' in Dutch) in relation to the statutory obligation for professors
- o adding additional telephone numbers
- o displaying office hours / presence
- o changing job title
From the beginning UT employees will be able to log in to create their own content or change the privacy settings of the information provided. You can also grant rights to other users (e.g. your secretary).
Watch this video for a short impressing:
Phase 2: adding more features for personalization
When finishing the second phase (after the summer of 2017) more features will be available. The phone book will evolve to People Pages and will be able to present research information from the UT research databases. We are in contact with the research information system project group to make sure science related data like publications will be presented in the best possible way. Several more fields will be available to present your professional activities like education and project related information. Details will be presented on this page later.
Questions or comments
We've been contacting many UT members in the past months contribute to this project and ask their feedback. If you also want to share anything with the project group or have any questions, we are happy to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.