Name: Roberto Ricciardi
Room: Carre 4.326
Tel: +31 53 489 2933
Roberto Ricciardi was born in Santeramo in Colle (Bari), Italy on 1st of May 1986. He studied Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Tecnology (CTF) at the University of Bari, Italy, where he received his degree on July 2010 (summa cum laude). During his undergraduate training period he worked on the synthesis of arylossazolic derivatives for the diagnosis by PET of the neurodegenerative diseases of CNS at the farmaco-chimico department of the University of Bari under the direction of Prof. N. A. Colabufo.
On January 2011 he started is PhD project in the group of Prof. J. Huskens and the supervision of Dr. Verboom at the University of Twente, The Netherlands. The aim of his project was to develop different methodologies to immobilize organic and metallic catalysts in continuous-flow microreactors.
Since March 2015 he is a post doc in the MnF group of Prof. J. Huskens working on the Nanopill 2.0 project for the development of a cancer detection kit in collaboration with other groups at the University of Twente. More information can be found on:
- R. Ricciardi, J. Huskens, W. Verboom, Nanocatalysis in flow, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, submitted.
- R. Ricciardi, J. Huskens, W. Verboom, Dendrimer-encapsulated Pd nanoparticles as catalysts for C-C cross-couplings in flow microreactors, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, submitted.
- R. Ricciardi, J. Huskens, W. Verboom, Influence of the Au/Ag ratio on the catalytic activity of dendrimer-encapsulated bimetallic nanoparticles in microreactors, J. Mater. Chem. A 2015, submitted.
- R. Ricciardi, J. Huskens, M. Holtkamp, U. Karst, W. Verboom, Dendrimer-Encapsulated Pd Nanoparticles for Continuous-Flow Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-Coupling Reaction, ChemCatChem 2015, DOI: 10.1002/cctc.201500017.
- R. Ricciardi, R. Munirathinam, J. Huskens, W. Verboom, Improved Catalytic Activity and Stability Using Mixed Sulfonic Acid and Hydroxy-Bearing Polymer Brushes in Microreactors, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2014, 6, 9386−9392.
- R. Munirathinam, R. Ricciardi, R. J. M. Egberink, J. Huskens, M. Holtkamp, H. Wormeester, U. Karst, W. Verboom, Gallium-Containing Polymer Brush Film as Efficient Supported Lewis Acid Catalyst in a Glass Microreactor. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2013, 9, 1698−1704.
- R. Ricciardi, J. Huskens W. Verboom, Heterogeneous Acid Catalysis Using a Perfluorosulfonic Acid Monolayer-Functionalized Microreactor, J. Flow Chem. 2013, 3(4), 127–131.