Telephone: +31 53 489 3452
Fax: +31 53 489 3511
Address: Faculty of Science and Technology
Medical Cell BioPhysics (MCBP)
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Hoon Suk Rho graduated from Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea, receiving a BSc in Metallurgical Engineering. From 2003 to 2007, he worked as an engineer at Hyndai Motor Company. In May 2010, he received a MSc degree with a topic of Design and Fabrication a Microfluidic Landscaper in Materials Research & Education Center at Auburn University, Alabama, USA. Then, he worked as a research associate in Mechanobiology Institute at National University of Singapore. In November 2011, he started his PhD degree in MCS group at University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands, on a project title Peptides and Protein Screening on a Chip. In 2016 he started as a researcher in the Cancer-ID program. The aim of the Cancer-ID program is to develop novel technology for monitoring Cancer therapy through revealing the extracellular vesicle IDentity (Cancer-ID).
- Duckjong KIm, Hoon Suk Rho, Sachin Jambovane, Soojeong Shin, Jong Wook Hong, “Evaluation of peristaltic micromixers for highly integrated microfluidic systems,” Review of Scientific Instruments, (2016), Accepted.
- Hoon Suk Rho*, Yoonsun Yang*, Alexander T. Hanke, Marcel Ottens, Leon Terstappen, and Han Gardeniers, “Programmable V-type Valve for Cell and Particle Manipulation in Microfluidic Devices.” Lab on a Chip, 16, (2016), 305-311, *Contributed equally.
- Yoonsun Yang*, Hoon Suk Rho*, Michiel Stevens, Arjan GJ Tibbe, Han Gardeniers, and Leon WMM Terstappen, “Microfluidic device for DNA amplification of single cancer cells isolated from whole blood by self-seeding microwells.” Lab on a Chip, 15, (2015), 4331-4337, *Contributed equally.
- Barbara Liszka, Hoon Suk Rho, Yoonsun Yang, Aufried Lenferink, Cees Otto, and Leon Terstappen, “A microfluidic chip for high resolution Raman imaging of biological cells.” RSC Advances, 5, (2015), 49350-49355.
- Duckjong Kim, Woon Seob Lee, Soojeong Shin, Hoon Suk Rho, Jing Dai, Jae Young Yun, and Jong Wook Hong, “Quantitative Analysis of Pneumatically Driven Biomimetic Micro Peristalsis.” Science of Advanced Materials, 6, (2014), 2428-2434.
- Yoonsun Yang, Joost F. Swennenhuis, Hoon Suk Rho, Séverine Le Gac, and Leon WMM Terstappen, “Parallel single cancer cell whole genome amplification using button-valve assisted mixing in nanoliter chambers.” PLoS ONE, 9, (2014), e107958.