Dr. Praneeth Reddy Kuninty, Ph.D.
Targeted Therapeutics, MIRA
University of Twente
Room no. ZH255
Praneeth Kuninty was born in Adilabad, India. He obtained his Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2010 from J.S.S College of Pharmacy, Mysore. In 2013, he graduated from the University of Groningen, The Netherlands with a Master in Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences. He did his first master project on the “Characterization of Inulin Nanocrystals”. Later he did his second master project on the “SAINT-Lipid Polycation particles, a novel carrier for an improved delivery of siRNA to activated primary endothelial cells”, where he developed an interest in tergeted nanotherapeutics. In July 2013, he joined as a Ph.D. student at Targeted Therapeutics, University of Twente. He carried his project on pancreatic tumor stroma by investigating novel therapeutics for the treatment of pancreatic cancer under the guidance of Dr. Jai Prakash. In Nov 2017, he obtained his Ph.D. on the topic “Novel Targeting Strategies against Pancreatic Stellate Cells to treat Pancreatic Cancer”. Thereafter, in the same group, he is working as a postdoctoral researcher on pancreatic and breast tumor microenvironment.
- Tumor-associated macrophages/fibroblasts
- “Laboratory Animal Science” course and received article 9 license to perform experiments on animals from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- Won best poster award at the 1st Pancreas Spring Meeting, Gottingen, 11-12 May 2017 on targeting integrin alpha5 as a novel strategy to treat a pancreatic tumor in vivo.
- Kuninty PR, Bojmar L, Tjomsland V, Larsson M, Storm G, Östman A, Sandström P, Prakash J. “MicroRNA-199a and -214 as potential therapeutic targets in pancreatic stellate cells in pancreatic tumor” Oncotarget, 2016 Accepted
- Kuninty PR, Schnittert J, Storm G, Prakash J. “MicroRNA Targeting to Modulate Tumor Microenvironment”. Frontiers in Oncology (Invited review) 2016 Accepted
- Schnittert J, Kuninty PR, Bystry TF, Brock R, Storm G, Prakash J. “Self- assembling peptide nano-complexes to target microRNA to stellate cells in pancreatic tumor stroma”. Nanomedicine, 2017 Accepted
- Schnittert J*, Heinrich MA*, Kuninty PR, Storm G, Prakash J. “Reprogramming tumor stroma using an endogenous lipid lipoxin A4 to treat pancreatic cancer”. Cancer Letters, 2018 Accepted
- Carina Strell, K. Jessica Norberg, Artur Mezheyeuski, Jonas Schnittert, Kuninty PR, Carlos Fernandez Moro, Janna Paulsson, Nicolai Aagaart Schultz, Dan Calatayud, J.-Matthias Löhr, Caroline Sophie Verbeke, Rainer Lothar Heuchel, Jai Prakash, Julia Sidenius Johansen and Arne Östman. “Stroma-regulated HMGA2 is an independent prognostic marker in PDAC and AAC”. British Journal of Cancer, 2017 Accepted
- Kowalski PS, Kuninty PR, Bijlsma KT, Stuart MC, Leus NG, Ruiters MH, Molema G, Kamps JA. “SAINT-liposome-polycation particles, a new carrier for improved delivery of siRNAs to inflamed endothelial cells”. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2015 Accepted