Tel: +31 53 4893552
Room: Zuidhorst 255
Praneeth Kuninty was born in Adilabad, India. He obtained his Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2010 from J.S.S College of Pharmacy, Mysore. In 2013, he graduated from the University of Groningen, The Netherlands with a Master in Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences. He did his first master project on the “Characterization of Inulin Nanocrystals”. Later he did his second master project on the “SAINT-Lipid Polycation particles, a novel carrier for an improved delivery of siRNA to activated primary endothelial cells”. Since July 2013, he is working towards his PhD. in the BST group on novel targets in pancreatic tumor stroma and targeted delivery of small RNAs/-inhibitors for cancer therapy under the guidance of Dr. Jai Prakash.
- Kowalski PS, Kuninty PR, Bijlsma KT, Stuart MC, Leus NG, Ruiters MH, Molema G, Kamps JA. “SAINT-liposome-polycation particles, a new carrier for improved delivery of siRNAs to inflamed endothelial cells”. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2015 Accepted
- Kuninty PR, Bojmar L, Tjomsland V, Larsson M, Storm G, Östman A, Sandström P, Prakash J. “MicroRNA-199a and -214 as potential therapeutic targets in pancreatic stellate cells in pancreatic tumor” Oncotarget, 2016 Accepted
- Kuninty PR, Schnittert J, Storm G, Prakash J. “MicroRNA Targeting to Modulate Tumor Microenvironment”. Frontiers in Oncology (Invited review) 2016 Accepted
- Schnittert J, Kuninty PR, Bystry TF, Brock R, Storm G, Prakash J. “Self- assembling peptide nano-complexes to target microRNA to stellate cells in pancreatic tumor stroma”. Nanomedicine, 2017 Accepted
- Carina Strell, K. Jessica Norberg, Artur Mezheyeuski, Jonas Schnittert, Kuninty PR, Carlos Fernandez Moro, Janna Paulsson, Nicolai Aagaart Schultz, Dan Calatayud, J.-Matthias Löhr, Caroline Sophie Verbeke, Rainer Lothar Heuchel, Jai Prakash, Julia Sidenius Johansen and Arne Östman. “Stroma-regulated HMGA2 is an independent prognostic marker in PDAC and AAC”. British Journal of Cancer, 2017 Accepted