DR.IR. A. Martinetti - assistant professor in maintenance engineering
Telephone: +31(0)53 489 6609
Fax: +31(0)53 489 2513
Mobile: +31(0)6 4627 1745
Room: Horstring W247
Alberto Martinetti (1985) is an assistant professor in the chair of Maintenance Engineering within the department of Design, Production and Management. He is a member of the maintenance research centre TIME - Twente is Maintenance Excellence. He has worked for the Polytechnic of Turin and for the University of Turin. He holds a Master’s degree in Geo-resources and Geo-technologies Engineering and a PhD degree in Environmental and Land / Safety and Health at the Polytechnic of Turin in the 2013 on the Prevention through Design approach at the mining activities.
EXPERTISE and research interest
Occupational Safety & Health, Risk Analysis, Hazard Identification Techniques, Maintenance engineering & Management, System Reliability and Human Factors, Application and utilization of new technologies to Maintenance and Safety topics.
Master’s course in Design for Maintenance Operations (5 EC) – Universiteit Twente
Master’s course Capita Selecta Design for Maintenance (5 EC) - Universiteit Twente
Master’s specialization and internships (MEO) Maintenance Engineering & Operations (5 EC) - Universiteit Twente
PDEng course Design for Maintenance for PDEng (201500453) (7,5 EC) - Universiteit Twente
Master’s course (MEM) Maintenance Engineering & Management – Universiteit Twente
Manual Handling Assessment - Faculty of Environmental and Occupational Prevention Techniques – Università di Torino
Injuries prevention and environmental reclamation - Faculty of Environmental and Occupational Prevention Techniques – Università di Torino
Advanced Systems for the Occupational Safety - Faculty of Environmental and Occupational Prevention Techniques – Università di Torino
* Martinetti A., van Dongen L.A.M., Romano R., “Beyond accidents: a back-analysis on conveyor belt injury in a crushing and milling plant during maintenance operations” in American Journal of Applied Sciences, 2017.
* Van Kempen M., Martinetti A., van Dongen L.A.M., “I’ll be back”: a deep analysis on mass product recalls of non-food products, 19th International Working Seminar on Production Economics, Innsbruck, February 22-26, 2016.
* Rajabali Nejad M., Martinetti A., van Dongen L.A.M. “Operation, Safety and Human: Critical Factors for the Success of Railway Transportation”, 11th Annual System of Systems Engineering Conference, Konsberg, June 11-12 June, 2016.
* Martinetti A., Fointaine O., Michaelides-Mateou S., “Remote Pilot Aircraft System (RPAS): just culture, human factors and learnt lessons - 7th International Conference on Safety and Environment in the Process & Power Industry, September 25-28, 2016.
* Martinetti A., Braaksma A.J.J., van Dongen L.A.M., “Design for RAMSSHEEP: an essential approach for the asset life-cycle effectiveness”, Through-life Engineering Services: Perspectives and Developments, 2nd edition, Springer (book chapter), 2017.
* Martinetti A., Braaksma A.J.J., Ziggers J., van Dongen L.A.M., “On the initial spare parts assortment for capital assets: a Structured Approach aiding Initial Spare parts Assortment Decision-making (SAISAD)”, Through-life Engineering Services: Perspectives and Developments, 2nd edition, Springer (book chapter), 2017.
* Martinetti A., Rajabalinejad M., van Dongen L.A.M., “Shaping the future maintenance operations: reflections on the adoptions of Augmented Reality through problems and opportunities, The 5th International Conference on Through-life Engineering Services, TESConf 2016, Cranfield, 11/2016.
* Martinetti A., Schakel E., van Dongen L.A.M., “Flying Asset: a Scalable Maintenance Programme for UAS” (under review in Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 2017).
* Martinetti A., Patrucco M., Molina P., Romano R., “Formalized approach in prevention through design and detailed definition of the input data on the basis of occurred accidents: some experiences at Italian extractive activities” - pp. 627-632 - Chemical Engineering Transactions vol. 26b 2012, ISBN 9788895608174, ISSN: 1974-9791, doi: 10.3303/CET1226105 - AIDIC - The Italian Association of Chemical Engineering.
* Martinetti A., Labagnara D., Patrucco M., “The Prevention Through Design approach as a key tool in tunnelling operations and muck reuse” – International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, Athens 28th -29th June 2012.
* Martinetti A., Labagnara D., Patrucco M., Colella F., Verda V., Cardu M., Borchiellini R., Sandrin D., “Prevention through Design approach for the ventilation system of an Italian quarry” - pp. 181-186 – Chemical Engineering Transactions vol. 32 2013, ISBN 9788895608235, ISSN: 1974-9791, doi: 10.3303/CET1332031 - AIDIC - The Italian Association of Chemical Engineering.
* Martinetti A., Maida L., Patrucco M., Luzzi L., “Formation, information and training for the maintenance operations: the lesson learned from fatal accidents” - pp. 229-234 - Chemical Engineering Transactions vol. 32 2013, ISBN 978-88-95608-23-5, ISSN: 19 1974-9791, doi: 10.3303/CET1332039 - AIDIC - The Italian Association of Chemical Engineering.
* Martinetti A., Labagnara D., Patrucco M., “Tunnelling operations, occupational S&H and environmental protection: a prevention through design approach - American Journal of Applied Sciences 10 - ISSN: 1546-9239 ©2013 Science Publication - doi:10.3844/ajassp.2013.1371.1377.
* Martinetti A., Braaksma A.J.J., Ziggers J., van Dongen L.A.M., “Initial spare parts assortment decision making for rolling stock maintenance: a structured approach”, ESREDA 2015, Brussels, Belgium.