Do you wish to have more interaction with your students during a lecture? Do you want to know if your students understand what you’re explaining? Do you want a handy & user friendly tool for starting a discussion? Choose an online votingtool to involve your students more during lectures!
By occasionally taking a test or quiz during educational meetings, students are actively involved in the subject. More interaction between teacher and students in general have a positive impact on the learning process, and simultanously you will get informative feedback yourself on how you are doing.
In what way and to what purposes can you use a voting tool as an educational tool? Some suggestions for inspiration:
- Audience Survey
- Inventory of opinions
You can use a voting tool:
- At the start of lecture to activate prior knowledge or measurement to indicate level
- During the lecture for concept testing
- Completion of lecture to test understanding or a diagnostic test
Votingtools have also an adaptive function. As a teacher your can continue, repeat or just skipping instruction or themes when test results make this evident.
There are several voting tools available which can be used in class. Click on the solution to see more information about each tool. Below you find a short summary of each tool:
- Wooclap: Wooclap is the default option voor UT. Unlimited group size, PowerPoint integration, many question types. More information can be found on the Educational Applications website.
- Sendsteps (former Shakespeak): The UT will no longer renew the SendSteps license on July 1st, 2021. The application will be replaced by Wooclap. Account requests for SendSteps can still be sent to email@example.com, but we recommend that all new users start using Wooclap instead. More information can be found on the Educational Applications website.
- Socrative: Free online tool, group size <50 students, no integration with PowerPoint. More information.
- VoxVote: Free online tool with unlimited audience size for users in an education setting. More information.
- Mentimeter: Unlimited audience, free accounts know a limitation of 2 questions per presentation. More information.
Please contact us for support, account requests for Wooclap or Shakespeak at: firstname.lastname@example.org