LockDown Browser Introduction
LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard Learn.
LockDown Browser Features
- Integrates with Blackboard Learn
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented
- Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited
- Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machine, and network monitoring applications are blocked from running
- Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
WHY LockDown Browser
When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser that uses webcam and video technology to prevent cheating during online exams. Respondus Monitor integrates seamlessly with Blackboard, and is ideal for non-proctored testing environments.
Respondus Monitor Features
- A fully automated solution for online proctoring
- Record student exam sessions with a webcam
- Suspicious behavior is automatically flagged
- Integrates seamlessly with Blackboard
- $2 per seat, with unlimited number of exams
- Free training, webinars, and rollout materials
LockDown Browser can be used within your Blackbooard course, and requires to be installed on the users computer.
If you want to use LockDown Browser within your course, see the contact details below for assistance.
For more information, contact the TELT team (email@example.com)