Assessment can be improved through the use of assessment software. This software stores exam questions in an item bank, and allows tagging, sorting and analysis of exam questions. Exams can be generated as a PDF, or can be organized online in a secured environment (please see our page about digital testing facilities).
In academic year 2017-2018, there will be a pilot program with assessment software Remindo. This application (by Paragin Software) has the following advantages:
- Digital exams in a secure environment
- Various questions types (multiple choice, essay questions, calculations, hotspots in images, etc.)
- Online grading by one or multiple lecturers
- Analysis of exam questions to improve examination quality
If you want to try this out for yourself, please take our practice test.
(This page asks for a name and email address. You do not need to give your real credentials here.)
Preparing for a digital exam
Students who are scheduled for a digital exam in Remindo need to do the following to prepare:
- Watch the video below:
- Take the practice test.
- Make sure you know your UT password (the same password you use for other UT services).
Below is a screenshot of the Remindo interface:
If you are interested in setting up an item bank and / or scheduling a secure digital exam, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that capacity is limited in 2017-2018, as this is still in a pilot stage.