Once the assessment team has given you access to Remindo, you can enter questions into Remindo toetsmanager. There are two options:
- Importing multiple choice questions
The Remindo team can import item banks from a specially formatted Excel file. The TELT team can send you this template and instructions for populating the file. This option is currently only available for multiple choice questions.
- Adding questions manually
Below is a description of how to work in Remindo to enter questions manually. For an overview of possible question types, please see our practice test.
When you open Remindo and click Manage content at the top, you will see this page:
The red numbers in the image are explained below:
- Manage content is the button to open the item bank
- The database structure is generally Faculty > Programme > Module/course > Module components (if any). Further data about the question is added through categories and properties.
- Each question is shown in a two-line display that contains all the key details at a glance (ID, code, status, etc.). Please note that the question code is displayed in various reports (see for example our instructions for analysis and reporting), so we recommend entering a recognizable code for each question.
- The bottom half of the screen contains all the question details and buttons / tabs where you can edit the question and meta data.
- The correct answer is highlighted in green. The fact that the answers are not in alphabetical order indicates that this question will be randomized in the exam.
- To add a new question, click Add question.
The screen for adding a question is as follows:
- To edit the question text, you click the text for each option. To edit the scoring and other settings, click the pencil arrow in the orange outline box.
- In the top section you can indicate whether the question has only one correct answer or multiple. You can also choose whether to shuffle (randomize) the answers. They will then be shown in a different order for each student.
- A standard multiple choice question contains 1 correct answer. You can also add different points (or negative points) per answer alternative.
- The correct answer alternative is checked here. If you enter 'fixed' for an individual answer, only that one will be fixed while the rest are randomized.
- Feedback can be entered for each answer option or - at the bottom of the screen - for correct/incorrect answers. This is generally used for formative (practice) assessments.
There are various actions you can apply to multiple questions at once. To do so:
- Select the questions you want to edit
- Click the 'lightning bolt' icon
There are various actions you can do, e.g. approving all questions at once. Another useful feature is to add properties:
There are several predefined properties that help categorize where a question will be used. They include:
A list of bachelor programmes (e.g. B-PSY)
Academic year and quartile (e.g. 2018-2019 1A)
Exam, resit, partial exam
A list of master programmes (e.g. M-BME)
If you want to mark the questions used in a particular exam, you can set values for programme, quartile and exam type. These can then be used to create the exam, and to filter out this question for future (re)use.
Please note: when you have finished applying changes, you need to click to clear the selection. If you forget this step, they will remain selected and your next set of changes will also be applied to them.