The Classroom of the Future is part of the Designlab at our university. It is particularly suitable for stimulating active (group) learning. The remarkable, uneven setup of the room has a positive effect on the processes of:
- teacher - student interaction
- interaction among students in a group (collaboration)
- interaction between/among groups
The facilities in the Classroom of the Future differ from the regular classrooms on various aspects that make some creative didactical methods possible. The aim for the Classroom of the Future is supporting new developments in didactical concepts.
Features of the Classroom of the Future are:
- Plenary space: you can seat a maximum of 120 students. There is also the possibility to use the video wall or use multiple interactive LED screens (three to four).
- Group spaces: enclosures for a maximum of six students. They can use the interactive LED screens and regular whiteboards.
- Video wall: for presenting in the plenary space the video wall is used.
- Interactive LED screens. These screens can be used as normal computer screens or as a wireless presentation screen (via wepresent software)
- Lighting: in each section of the Classroom of the Future the lights can be regulated.
- Software and applications: The interactive LED screens are equipped with Windows software. For wireless presenting the Wepresent software is needed to make a connection.
Please check out our tips : Simple ideas to inspire your for working in the ‘Classroom of the Future’ (PDF)
Get in touch with the Designlab staff to explore your possibilities.