Students who will participate in an exam from home with remote monitoring can find instructions here. During the exam, a Canvas Conference or MS Teams session will be used for monitoring. The lecturer and/or an invigilator will view all participants for the duration of the exam, and will be available for questions.
Dos and don'ts:
During the exam, please make sure of the following:
- Keep both your camera AND your microphone on.
- Make sure your face is visible at all times.
- It is not permitted to wear a cap or anything else that obscures your face.
- Headphones or ear buds are not allowed.
- Make sure you are alone in the room during the entire exam.
- Do not use a digital background.
- In order not to be distracted by any sound from fellow students, turn off your computer sound after the explanation.
- The lecturer may send announcements or try to contact you via the chat. Please keep the chat visible on (part of) your screen so you won't miss any imporrtant information.
Room/desk check and ID check
The lecturer may ask you to tilt your webcam forward to briefly show that there is nothing on your desk that is not permitted. At the end of your exam, your ID (student card) may be checked. If you are selected for this, you will be put into a breakout room by yourself with an invigilator to show your student card. If you want/need to use a passport or driver's license for identification (in case of loss or illegibility of your student card): please cover the BSN and document number.
The use of remote monitoring is currently only used in exceptional situations. If you do not have a working webcam, discuss with your lecturer if they will allow you to connect to the monitoring session on your cellphone. Make sure to have a charger connected so the battery won't run out. Check whether you can completely turn off the sound on your phone, as you may otherwise be distracted by your fellow students.
Please view the privacy page. If you have any questions, please contact your lecturer.