What is a live online lecture (webinar)?
An online lecture is real-time session which provide space for faculty and students to replicate many elements of face to-face instruction while online.
When to use it?
A online lecture can be useful when you:
- You want to have real-time contact with your students
- You need to interact with your students
- The geographical location of your students is diverse
- You wish to provide an alternative venue for students group work
- You would like to give students the opportunity to ask questions or reflect on the content.
WHICH TOOLS CAN I USE?
The TELT-team has created a dedicated webpage with recommended tools for live lecturing. These are all tools that are currently supported by UT.
How to prepare it?
In this fact sheet you are going to make a lesson plan for an online lecture.
We give you a lot of options per phase of a lecture, pick the options which suits you, the content and the students the best.
You might also want to share this checklist with your students:
TIPS & TRICKS
More tips & tricks can be found here.