Hosted by the the MIRA Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine and the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands.
The hDMT IOOCS is an interdisciplinary meeting open to all international scientists and engineers who are actively interested in the emerging field of organs-on-chips. hDMT (Institute for Human Organ and Disease Model Technologies) is an organization dedicated to research and development of organs-on-chips, initiated in the Netherlands (www.hdmt.technology). The IOOCS16 was the first of what will be a series of annual symposia.
The symposium is a unique opportunity to interact with key researchers in the field, both those from the multidisciplinary partners of the hDMT and those from other universities, institutions and companies.
Key international leaders in the field of disease model technology gave invited presentations. Among the speakers were:
- Thomas Eschenhagen, Director Department of Experimental Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Germany
- Adam W. Feinberg, Associate Professor, Regenerative Biomaterials and Therapeutics, Carnegie Mellon University, United States
- Matthias Lutolf, Director and professor, Institute of Bioengineering Laboratory of Stem Cell Bioengineering, EPFL, Switzerland
- Steven Kushner, Professor of Neurobiological Psychiatry, Erasmus MC, The Netherlands
- Jaap den Toonder, Professor of Microsystems, TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands
All oral presentations and the poster session (but not the lunches or the dinner) could be attended by Bachelor's students and Master's students at no cost.
- Albert van den Berg
- Christine Mummery
- Robert Passier
- Andries van der Meer
- Janny van den Eijnden - van Raaij
- Mieke Schutte
- Jojanneke Schuiling – Jukes
- Miranda Wiehink