THE GREEN STUDENT OFFICERS
Green Hub Twente consists of the Green Hub Coordinator and a team of Student Green Officers. All employees, including the Green Hub Coordinator and the Student Green Officers, work closely together, share knowledge and report on progress to build a team spirit and momentum for UT’s organizational transformation to sustainability. There is always one employee present at the physical office during office hours. Office hours are 10.00 - 16.00 Monday to Friday.
At this early stage in the Green Hub start-up process, we are continuously learning, remaining adaptive, open, creative, yet also disciplined. In the first months, therefore, Green Officer’s tasks evolve in line with expanding stakeholder engagement and services, based on rigorous experimentation and development of each portfolio’s activities. Taking inspiration from the Lean Start-up approach, we need to experiment, learn, pivot, or implement.
Student Officers of the Green Hub have 7 main tasks in their remit, mandating us to fulfil our mission to become the heart of sustainability and systemic change at UT:
- Initiate & facilitate collaboration between UT sustainability initiatives for +ve impact,
- Establish a platform and network for sustainability-oriented systems entrepreneurs,
- Act as the central access point for sustainability information at UT,
- Inform and advise the UT community on sustainability to ensure greater success,
- Organise activities, raise awareness, and offer networking opportunities,
- Encourage and support integration of sustainability in educational programmes,
- Relfect and provide input on operational sustainability planning and implementation.
You may take up other tasks outside your specific portfolio. This depends on the priorities at that time.
Click on each portfolio for more information.
Our student Green Officers have a professional as well as intrinsic affinity for sustainability. They are entrepreneurial, innovative and dependable, willing to both start new projects and coordinate existing ones. They develop their network amongst the student body, and hone their professional competencies and skills together with the coordinator's guidance, whilst working to realize a transformative and sustainable University of Twente. Leading from their drive, learning paths, and work ethics, they take responsibility for their tasks in their respective portfolios. They all work closely together with and under the supervision of the Green Hub Coordinator.
Student Green Officers are employed via UTFlex, working up to 8 hours a week on a respective portfolio. Initial contracts are for six months, with the possibility of an extension. Green Officers will work together with multiple members in one portfolio. This ensures there is an essential sparring partner to work closely with and bounce ideas off of. It also helps to guarantee flexibility and continuity during busy study times, exams, or unplanned absences, where one can share and adapt responsibilities and time. We are currently in 'lean and green' pre-launch phase, where we co-design the Green Hub together within the first team cohort - or 'Green Hub team 1.0'. The Green Hub Coordinator facilitates this organizational development alongside the team in an effective, open and fair working conduct and culture going forward.
If you think you have what it takes to work in a dynamic team of transformative young sustainability professionals, drop us a short email with your letter of interest attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear the following points in mind:
- We aim to recruit every six months as our team's situations change - we also will look for volunteers to complement our student officers come the new semester. Therefore, we would keep relevant, outstanding, and interesting tenders from the student community on record.
- In your letter of interest, you may express specific interest in one portfolio that you see yourself as being an asset towards, and expressly define why and how you became interested in sustainability, as well as why you would like to work for the Green Hub.
- In addition, you can describe your area of focus based on your desired sustainability career development path. Then, we hold a conversation with you to see how your skills, passion, background, and wishes suit the Green Hub.
- Our volunteer network is where you can more immediately start to get involved working with current team members and developing your sustainability service portfolio for possible future student officer position applications.