Studies show that individuals can actively influence their own health and well-being.
Numerous interventions and techniques, often with the use of technology, have been developed to help people improve their well-being and health. In this course you will learn about the different approaches, methods, and interventions that are used to improve happiness and (mental) well-being. In addition to that, you will also learn about the theory behind mindfulness and practice some techniques yourself.
In this summer course, we will address a couple of questions:
- Which methods can be used to study health and happiness?
- What kind of interventions can be used to enhance well-being, happiness and health?
- What role can design and technology play to support health and well-being?
Inspired by a combination of insights from positive and health psychology, and design and technology this course will help you address these questions. After an introduction to key concepts in positive and health psychology, you will learn about current interventions on improving (mental) health and well-being. How can individuals be encouraged to engage in healthier lifestyles? How can positive psychology be applied in the classroom and in the workplace? During the course, you will not only participate in active classroom discussions, but you will also have the opportunity to design an intervention yourself, with the ultimate goal to boost mental and/or physical health.
Together with other participants you will discover and learn more about these topics:
- learn and understand important psychological concepts and principles.
- learn about the foundational principles of positive psychology, and how positive psychological perspectives are combined with health psychology and technology to improve happiness and well-being.
- gain knowledge about positive education, learn to identify individual character strengths and implications for improving learning.
- learn about the underlying theories of mindfulness and practice techniques that can be applied in everyday situations.
- learn about the state-of-the-art methodologies to change behavior, and measure and track health and well-being.
- apply newly gained knowledge in creating behaviour change interventions to improve health and happiness in various settings (workplace, schools, healthcare).
TESTIMONIAL: DEIRDRE (FROM IRELAND)
Stay tuned for more upcoming information regarding the 2023 course!