Studies show how individuals can actively influence their own health and well-being. Numerous interventions and techniques, often with the help of technology, have been developed to help promoting well-being and health. In this course you will learn about different applications and methods of how to improve happiness and well-being and also develop you own interventions.
In this summer course, we will address a couple of questions:
- What role can technology play to support health and well-being?
- What makes people happy?
- Which interventions can be used to enhance well-being, happiness and health?
- How can you develop interventions to improve health, happiness and well-being?
Inspired by insights from positive psychology, eHealth and health psychology this course will help you address these questions. You will work on several cases related to well-being and health, with the ultimate goal to boost health, both physically and mentally. Together wither other students you will search for positive psychology applications and solutions in daily life and how these can be developed. During the course you will develop several interventions for different target groups. Together with students from the Design the future track you will work on a final project and design your own intervention to enhance well-being on the campus.
Testimonial: Deirdre (from Ireland)
Together with other participants you will discover and learn more about these topics:
- Attendees will learn about positive psychology, health psychology and technology linked to wellbeing
- Attendees will gain knowledge about how to improve health and happiness in various settings (workplace, schools, healthcare)
- Attendees will learn how to translate their gained knowledge into creating an intervention to improve health and happiness
- Knowing how to improve health and well-being in several areas
- Designing technological interventions to improve health and well-being
- Applying knowledge from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth to improve health and well-being
- Methods: Discussions, lectures, workshops
- Course level: Beginner's/Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Everyone with an interest in technological interventions with a human touch to improve health and well-being.
- Required knowledge: Interest in health and well-being.
- Credits: 2 ECTS for successfully completing the summer school