Studies show how individuals can actively influence their own health and well-being. Numerous interventions and techniques, often with the help of technology, have been developed to help promote well-being and health. In this course you will learn about different applications and methods of how to improve happiness and well-being.
In this summer course, we will address a couple of questions:
- What makes people happy?
- Which methods can be used to study health and happiness?
- Which interventions can be used to enhance well-being, happiness and health?
- What role can design and technology play to support health and well-being?
Inspired by a combination of insights from positive and health psychology, and design and technology this course will help you address these questions. You will work on several projects related to well-being and health, with the ultimate goal to boost health, both physically and mentally. Together with students from the Design the future track, you will work on a project and design your own intervention to enhance well-being. You will also try out different interventions and trainings yourself to get a feeling of their effect and applicability.
Testimonial: Deirdre (from Ireland)
Together with other participants you will discover and learn more about these topics:
Stay tuned! The updated course schedule will follow soon. In the meantime, check out the below schedule of our previous edition to get a preview.
- Attendees will learn about positive psychology, health psychology and technology linked to wellbeing
- Attendees will gain knowledge about how to improve health and happiness in various settings (workplace, schools, healthcare)
- Attendees will learn how to translate their gained knowledge into creating an intervention to improve health and happiness
- Knowing how to improve health and well-being in several areas
- Designing technological interventions to improve health and well-being
- Applying knowledge from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth to improve health and well-being
- Methods: Discussions, lectures, workshops
- Course level: Beginner's/Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Everyone with an interest in technological interventions with a human touch to improve health and well-being.
- Required knowledge: Interest in health and well-being.
- Credits: 2 ECTS for successfully completing the summer school