(THIS COURSE HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED FOR CURIOUSU 2021. MORE INFORMATION ON THE COURSE AND ITS PROGRAMME WILL BE PROVIDED SOON)
The world has been experiencing a gulf of new ventures in all fields using creative technology. Think of companies like Tesla, Google, Alibaba, Spotify, Dropbox, Uber. Drones have started delivering e‐commerce packages; smartphone companies are doing banking business; fintech firms are thriving.
In such a changing world, good knowledge of financial management can make a difference. Innovators, IT specialists and engineers need multi‐level expertise to realize their ambitions by meeting the wishes of many different stakeholders like owners, creditors, customers, suppliers. Their business ideas need a carefully chosen financial plan. A firm’s attempt to raise capital is frequently thrown into doubt because investors find it too risky. Lack of financial management knowledge cannot be a hinder to smartly manage investments & financing decisions, earn profit and realize business goals.
- Entrepreneurs use their creative ideas to establish new ventures and achieve sustainable growth.
- A firm’s attempt to raise capital is frequently thrown into doubt because investors find it too risky.
- Start-ups based in Silicon Valley receive more venture capital than any other region, more than the whole of Europe.
- Analyzing financial information
- Understanding business valuation
- Making investment decisions
- Managing financial risks
- Dealing with financing techniques
- Creating value with mergers & acquisitions
Stay tuned! The updated course schedule will follow soon. In the meantime, check out the below schedule of our previous edition to get a preview.
His main academic interests are on:
- Corporate finance
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Corporate governance
- Capital markets
- Capital social responsibility
Prof. Kabir has taught undergraduate and graduate courses on corporate finance/financial management at universities in Antwerp, Beijing, Liege, Maastricht, New York, Stirling and Tilburg. His research is primarily multi-disciplinary, empirical and policy-oriented, and spans a wide variety of issues. More information on prof. Kabir's research interests can be found here.
- Target group: For university students with economics and business background who are interested in gaining knowledge on financial management techniques.
- Methods: lectures, discussions, workshops.
- Credits: 2 ECTS credits for successfully completing the summer school.
- Background reading (optional if you want to prepare yourself): Hillier, Clacher, Ross, Westerfield, & Jordan. Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 3rd European Edition, 2017, McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 9780077178239.