In a global economy, people are increasingly being expected to take responsibility for and ownership of their own lives. The challenges that modern society is facing needs individuals who are able to recognise and seize opportunities. People who innovate, initiate and co-create impactful solutions. People who are not afraid to take action! Developing an entrepreneurial attitude and relevant skills is vital to prepare for living in tomorrow’s world. Not only for aspiring entrepreneurs, but for every single one of us!
The University of Twente has over 35 years of experience in entrepreneurship and has been elected most entrepreneurial university of the Netherlands for four times in a row. The EntrepreneurialU course is presented to you by Novel-T, the business unit of the University of Twente, that helped create businesses such as Booking.com, Lipocoat and Code Sandbox.
This summer course provides you with all the relevant skills that are vital to become an entrepreneur in the world of tomorrow. Moreover, it focusses on applying this knowledge in practice and simultaneously lets you gain hands-on experience from real start-ups and scale-ups through inspiring talks and Q&A sessions. Whether you want to discover the viability of your business idea, want to experience what it is like to be an entrepreneur, or want to learn the skillset to think and act like an entrepreneur, this summer course is for you! With the help of workshops and our experienced coaches and experts, you can either build a coalition around your idea, or join a team that is working on something you are passionate about. If you are in search of that extra spark for your business idea, you can seek inspiration by joining one of the other summer school tracks for the first two days. At the end of the week, each team will pitch a working business concept to a panel of experts. Engage with fun-to-be-with people from a variety of backgrounds and with a wide range of interests.
- Creative ideation for innovation
- Team composition
- Business models and value propositions
- Successful start-up and scale-up Q&A
- Lean market analysis
- Start-up finance
After this week in the EntreneurialU track, you will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities
- Co-create an innovative, impactful and scalable business concept
- Add value to a high-performing team
- Learn from failure and celebrate success
- Gain experience from successful start-ups, scale-ups and spin-offs
- Confidently pitch a business idea
- Methods: Interactive lectures, team projects, individual presentations
- Course level: Intermediate/advanced
- Target group: All students with an entrepreneurial spirit, including PhD students.
- Required knowledge: Interest in valorization of scientific knowledge
- Credits: 2 ECTS for successfully completing the summer school