The use of English is becoming increasingly widespread in the academic world, so it is essential to understand academic English well. This course will help you achieve that goal! Are you struggling to communicate in academic English? Does it almost feel like a ‘foreign’ language to you?Do you find it hard to structure your essays or to give presentations?
Then this course is right for you! Our English for Academic Purposes course will enable you to become a more fluent and accurate user of academic English. You will develop skills to boost your academic writing or to present in English at your university – or at universities or conferences abroad!
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Extend your academic vocabulary (and learn ways to keep on doing so)
- Develop increased clarity and focus in academic writing
- Learn how to write more effectively
- Improve your presentation and debating skills
- Date: 2 - 15 August, 2021
- Format: Fully online
- Entry level (CEF): English level B1
- Target group: This course is aimed at undergraduate students or Master students who haven’t started their dissertation yet.
- Study load: attending every session is essential and active participation is expected. Homework is compulsory and will take approximately two hours a day. The study load for this course is approximately 1.5 ECTS.