The use of English is becoming increasingly widespread in the academic world, so it is essential to understand academic English well. This course will help you achieve that goal! Are you struggling to communicate in academic English? Does it almost feel like a ‘foreign’ language to you?Do you find it hard to structure your essays or to give presentations?
Then this course is right for you! Our English for Academic Purposes course will enable you to become a more fluent and accurate user of academic English. You will develop skills to boost your academic writing or to present in English at your university – or at universities or conferences abroad!
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish personal opinions from well-argued statements
- Distinguish main themes from irrelevancies and digressions
- Present arguments clearly
- Write short, to-the-point, academic texts with a clear message
- Use a set of tools and techniques to extend your academic vocabulary.
Stay tuned! The updated course schedule will follow soon. In the meantime, check out the below schedule of our previous edition to get a preview.
For this course it´s necessary to bring your own laptop (in order to prepare for the classes and do the in-class writing assignments).
- Entry level (CEF): English level B1
- Target group: students or university staff who use English for academic purposes
- Study load: attending every session is essential and active participation is expected. Homework is compulsory and will take approximately two hours a day. The study load for this course is approximately 1.5 ECTS.