The Netherlands is more than its canals, its bikes and the beautiful grey skies. Are you curious about The Netherlands, its language, culture and way of life? This course will offer you a taste of the country, language, education, culture and history and help you get a full picture of how your student life may look like if you decide to study in The Netherlands.
This course is an introduction to Dutch language and Dutch culture. In the first 7-days, the participants will be provided with a basic knowledge of Dutch (CEF-level of A1) and last 3 days the participants will learn more about Dutch culture and society. The course covers reading, listening, writing and speaking and the participant will work on a group and individual assignment. The aim of this course is to provide participants with a basic knowledge of Dutch language and with information on Dutch culture and society which can help them to integrate to the Dutch society.
After following this course, you:
- can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows, and things he/she has.
- can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- get familiar with the Dutch culture, lifestyle and history
- Date: 2 - 15 August, 2021
- Format: Fully online
- Methods: various interactive lectures, group and individual assignments
- Target group: Students in their third Bachelor’s year with an interest in Dutch language and culture
- Credits: No credits but a certificate is given for successfully completing the summer school
To be announced soon!