ARE YOU KEEN TO SHAPE THE FUTURE THROUGH DESIGN?
The world is changing faster than ever. New advances in technology are shaping the ways we act as societies, raising new needs and problems. In the midst of these shifts, designers have the task of thinking about how the future will look like and how to use technology to respond to these challenges. During this course, we will focus on how to design for the future. In line with the strategic vision of the University of Twente, we will not only create an outlook of the future, but also discuss how we, as designers, can shape the coming decades. Throughout the course, a number of design cases and workshops will be given by pioneers from various industries and academia, with the goal of addressing the following questions:
- How do we adopt a future perspective in design?
- How do we frame the future as a designer?
- How do we use existing technology to build tangible design solutions?
- Learning different design methods and techniques used to develop innovative ideas and creative solution
- Learning about designing different types of interactions for tangible solutions
- Applying knowledge about technologies to create an interactive prototype of a system
- Learning about different ways for testing & evaluating interactive systems
- Methods: Interactive lectures and workshops
- Course level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Students at least in their second Bachelor’s year with an interest in design
- Required knowledge: Basic understanding of Engineering and/or Design, at least B2 level of English
- Course leaders: Ruben De Freitas Gouveia, Chanmi Kim
- Credits: 2 ECTS credits for successfully completing the summer school