1. Applications can only take place via the website by submitting the completed application form followed by payment of the course fee. Applications via the website without immediate online payment will be considered provisional applications.
- When the applications are done for the "Reserve now, confirm and pay later" option, the confirmation must be received before the 1st of June by modifying the application and proceeding to the payment of the remaining fee to complete the registration. Confirmations and payments received after the designated deadline will be invalid.
- Applicants who cancel their registration before the payment and confirmation deadline will receive a 5% discount for the next CuriousU edition.
- Applicants who do not meet the designated confirmation and payment deadline will receive an automatic cancellation of their reservation and will not receive a discount of 5%.
2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition, declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
3. Registration is open until the 10th of August 2023. This date may be deviated from if the course is sold out.
4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date. You will receive more detailed information about the festival, the course, and the welcome day on a regular basis by email.
5. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, the method of selection differs per course provider (faculty). If nothing is mentioned on this subject in the course information on the website, the regulations may be requested via the course leader mentioned in the course information.
6. The University of Twente reserves the right to test the participant’s starting level in order to assess whether it fits the level of the course and to select students based on other admission criteria such as CV and motivation letter. If the University of Twente finds that the starting level is insufficient, the University of Twente may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
7. We act in good faith to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it does not otherwise need to be retained by law or for evaluation purposes. Furthermore, we may use your email address for communication purposes. Our general privacy statement for the university is valid for CuriousU as well.
8. If the participant starts a pre-master's or a master's programme at the University of Twente and the participant has not yet followed a study programme at the University of Twente before, the participant may receive a refund of the paid fee for the University of Twente summer school. The following policy applies:
- The refund only applies to pre-master's and master's programmes at the University of Twente.
- The participant should not have followed a study programme (degree) at the University of Twente before.
- If a student starts a pre-Master's at the UT in February 2024 or September 2024, he/she can receive a 50% refund for the attendance fee. If a student continues with a Master's at the UT starting in September 2024 or February 24, he/she can receive the remaining 50% refund for the attendance fee.
- If a student starts a Master's at the UT in February 2024 or September 2024, he/she can receive a full refund (100%) for the attendance fee.
- After paying the tuition fee for the pre-master's or master's programmes, the participant must contact the University of Twente summer school (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide proof of payment. The participant must contact the University of Twente summer school before 1st November 2024.
- The participant must be able to provide the participation certificate which was provided to the participant at the University of Twente summer school.
- The refund will consist of the initially paid base fee for the attendance of the University of Twente summer school in 2023. This fee does not include accommodation costs, personal costs, travel costs, etc.
- The paid fee will be transferred to the payment provider the participant used for the initial CuriousU registration.
- We reserve the right to stop this refund promotion at any time. If we decide to do this, we will announce this on the registration page.
9. The University of Twente summer school reserves the right to cancel a summer course. The University of Twente summer school will either in writing or by email inform participants of a cancellation due to lack of interest in the first week of July 2023. Participants should keep this in mind when making travel arrangements; any expenses made other than course and housing fees, will not be reimbursed. Therefore, we highly recommend students have travel insurance.
10. If in the opinion of the University of Twente summer school placement or admission is not possible or eligible, or if the University of Twente CuriousU summer school has cancelled the course, the registration will be annulled without any costs and the course fee already paid will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
11. On the occasion that the University of Twente summer school decides to cancel the summer school due to restrictions or national regulations related to Covid-19, the participants will be informed at their earliest convenience. On this occasion, the participants can either receive a full refund or secure a spot for CuriousU 2024. The refund will consist of the initially paid fee for the attendance of the University of Twente summer school in 2023. This fee does not include personal costs, travel costs, etc.
12. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the course or ends it prematurely. Regardless of your reasons for cancellation (e.g. visa refusal), the following cancellation policy applies. These costs are as follows:
- If a participant cancels before the 1st of May 2023, he/she will get a full refund of the course fee (including housing).
- If a participant cancels on or after the 1 May 2023 but before the 1st of June 2023, he/she will have to pay 25% of the full course fee (including housing).
- If a participant cancels on or after the 1st June 2023 but before the 1st of July 2023, he/she will have to pay 50% of the full course fee (including housing).
- If a participant cancels on or after the 1st of July 2023, he/she will have to pay the full course fee (including housing).
13. Obtaining an appropriate visa is the participant’s personal responsibility. Failure to obtain a visa does not exempt the student from his/her payment obligations.
14. Participants are responsible for procuring the appropriate insurance (civil liability, accident and health insurance) during their time at the University of Twente summer school.
15. CuriousU summer school follows the national and University of Twente guidance related to Covid-19. Testing, as well as additional regulations, in CuriousU might be introduced at a later stage.
16. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of the University of Twente summer school will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
17. Any disputes resulting from the agreement between the participant and the University of Twente summer school that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation will be brought to the Executive Board of the University of Twente.
If you have questions, be sure to contact us!