UPDATED VERSION: 1 JUNE 2021
1. Applications can only take place via the website by submitting the completed application form followed by payment of the course fee.
Applications via the website without immediate online payment will be considered as provisional applications.
2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
3. Registration is open until 26th of July 2021. This date may be deviated from if the course is sold out.
4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date. You will receive more detailed information about the festival, the course, and the welcome day on a regular base by email.
5. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, the method of selection differs per course provider (faculty). If nothing is mentioned on this subject in the course information on the website, the regulations may be requested via the course leader mentioned in the course information.
6. The University of Twente reserves the right to test the participant’s starting level in order to assess whether it fits the level of the course and to select students based on other admission criteria such as CV and motivation letter. If the University of Twente finds that the starting level is insufficient, the University of Twente may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
7. We act in good faith to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it does not otherwise need to be retained by law or for evaluation purposes. Furthermore we may use your email address for communication purposes. Our general privacy statement for the university is valid for CuriousU as well.
8. If the participant starts a master's programme at the University of Twente and the participant has not yet followed a study programme at the University of Twente before, the participant may receive a refund of the paid fee for the University of Twente summer school. The following policy applies:
- The refund only applies to master's programmes at the University of Twente.
- The participant may not have followed a study programme (degree) at the University of Twente before.
- The refund only applies if you start a master's programme at the University of Twente in February 2022 or September 2022.
- After paying the tuition fee for the master's programme, the participant must contact the University of Twente summer school (email@example.com) and provide a proof of payment. The participant must contact the University of Twente summer school before 1st November, 2022.
- The participant must be able to provide the participation certificate which was provided to the participant at the University of Twente summer school .
- The refund will consist of the initially paid base fee for the attendance of the University of Twente summer school in 2021. This fee does not include accommodation costs, personal costs, travel costs, etc.
- The paid fee will be transfered to the payment provider the participant used for the initial CuriousU registration.
- We reserve the right to stop this refund promotion at any time. If we decide to do this, we will announce this on the registration page.
9. The University of Twente summer school reserves the right to cancel a summer course. The University of Twente summer school will either in writing or by email inform participants of a cancellation due to lack of interest the first week of July 2021. Participants should keep this in mind when making travel arrangements; any expenses made other than course and housing fees, will not be reimbursed. Therefore, we highly recommend students to have travel insurance.
10. If in the opinion of the University of Twente summer school placement or admission is not possible or eligible, or if the University of Twente CuriousU summer school has cancelled the course, the registration will be annulled without any costs and course fee already paid will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
11. In the occasion that the University of Twente summer school decides to change the format of the summer school to fully online due to restrictions or national regulations related to Covid-19 (and only then), the participants will be informed at earliest convenience. The participants will be given the option to choose to participate to a fully online summer school with a modification to the fee, or to cancel their registration and receive a full refund.
12. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the course or ends it prematurely. Regardless of your reasons for cancellation (e.g. visa refusal), the following cancellation policy applies. These costs are as follows:
- If the participant cancels before 1 July 2021, he/she will get a full refund of all paid fees.
- If the participant cancels after 1 July 2021, before 15 July 2021, he/she will have to pay 50% of the full course fee.
- If the participant cancels after 15 July 2021, he/she will have to pay the full course fee.
This cancellation policy is also valid in the occassion that the participant decides to cancel their registration related to Covid-19.
13. If the University of Twente summer school decides to change the format of the summer school to fully online due to regulations related to Covid-19, the letter of acceptance/invitation letter sent to the participants becomes automatically invalid and cannot be used to apply for a visa for any purpose. Any attempt to utilise this letter after it is annulled is considered illegal.
14. Participants are responsible for procuring the appropriate insurances (civil liability, accident and health insurance) during their time at the University of Twente summer school.
15. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of the University of Twente summer school will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
16. Any disputes resulting from the agreement between the participant and the University of Twente summer school that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation will be brought for the Executive Board of the University of Twente.
If you have questions, be sure to contact us!