Erasmus+ Study Scholarships are available for UT students who will study at a partner university within the EU for 3 to 12 months. The value of your Erasmus+ Scholarship depends on your destination with a monthly allowance varying between € 240 and € 360 in academic year 2019-2020 (see Erasmus Scholarship Amounts for specific amounts).
UniTed Kingdom - BreXit: “no-deal” contingency measures for Erasmus+ students
All Erasmus+ applications from students departing to the UK after an official Brexit will be put on hold, since it is not sure if they can be granted. Most likely, all mobilities that take place in the academic year 2019-2020 will still be eligible for an Erasmus+ Scholarship (departure date before 1 June 2020).
- At the moment of your scholarship application and for the entire duration of your stay abroad, you are enrolled as a full time student at the UT.
- The university of your choice has an Agreement with the UT.
- You are studying abroad for a period of 3 to 12 months.
- During this entire period abroad you are both living and studying in the host country.
- An Erasmus+ Study Scholarship is not meant for a study period in your country of origin.
- Bachelor students must have obtained at least 60 EC.
- Your programme abroad counts towards your UT degree. Make sure you have your faculty contact person’s approval and that you can transfer obtained EC to your UT study programme.
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship up to a maximum of 12 months per study phase (Bachelor or Master). Multiple mobility periods are allowed: e.g., 3 months Erasmus+ Study + 9 months Erasmus+ Traineeship.
Students who go to Switzerland on exchange can not qualify for an Erasmus+ grant because Switzerland is not one of the program countries. Switzerland has the "Swiss - European Mobility Program", which is financed with a Swiss subsidy. Students must apply for the scholarship at the Swiss host institution. More information about this scholarship can be found online: website.
- You can apply for an Erasmus+ Study Scholarship via your workflow in Mobility Online, áfter your course list has been approved by your educational programme. Since there is a lot of paperwork that is required to be taken care of before departure, make sure that you have aquired this approval as soon as possible and that you have answered all questions related to your scholarship application at least 2 weeks before departure (preferably even sooner!!
All required forms need to be signed by all parties before the deadline (not after your arrival at the host institution). If your application is finished too late, you will no longer be eligible for a scholarship.
Most partner universities organise an introduction period to acquaint you with the international student life. The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) will help you on location and also organise activities for you and other Erasmus students.
All applications will take place via your registration in Mobility Online. The application for a scholarship will automatically appear in your workflow.
Before your departure you are required to take the following steps:
- Download the scholarship Learning Agreement and Grant Agreement in Mobility Online.
- Fill in any missing information and gather the required signatures for both documents.
- Upload the files in Mobility Online
- Do the required Online Language Assessment.
The assessment will take about 45 minutes. The link will be emailed to you by Erasmus Plus OLS (Online Linquistic Support). You have to the assessment twice: prior and after your time abroad, in order to monitor your progress in the language of the mobility programme. Please note that both tests are mandatory; if you fail to complete the second assessment the UT may decide to cancel the remaining scholarship amount.
Please note: the results will not exclude you from the Erasmus+ exchange programme, but they can be used to recommend linguistic support.
After you have finished the required steps, and your scholarship has been granted, you will receive a provisional amount of 75% of the scholarship.
OLS offers free online language courses to all Erasmus Exchange Students (in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Polish, Greek and Czech, if it is the working language or language spoken at your destination).
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in an online language course!
The section ‘During the mobility’ in your workflow within Mobility Online registers any changes to your mobility programme (e.g. changes in dates or courses). Please have any changes to this section approved by your host institution and faculty contact person, and signed by all parties or confirmed by email.
Extension of the mobility period
If you want to request an extension of your mobility programme abroad, send an email request to your faculty contact person and to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request has to be submitted no later than one month before the scheduled end date of your exchange programme.
- Download the 'after the mobility' section of your Learning Agreement in Mobility Online
- Gather the required signatures for both documents
- Add the official Transcript of Records from your host to the scan of the Learning Agreement
- Upload the file in Mobility Online
- Do the required second Online Language Assessment (you are exempt from the second assessment if the score of your first assessment was C2)
- Complete the questionnaire (Participants Report) regarding your Erasmus+ Study exchange that will be sent to you by Erasmus+ one day after the end date of your mobility period.
This questionnaire is a mandatory part of your scholarship, and must be completed within 30 days after the end date of your mobility. Please make sure you fill in the survey within 30 days upon receipt or the link to the survey will no longer be valid! (See Grant Agreement art. 7.1.)
After you have finished these final steps, you will receive the remaining amount of your scholarship.
Please be aware that if you fail to meet all of the scholarship requirements mentioned above, the UT reserves the right to cancel the payment of the final 25% of your scholarship.
If you have any questions about Erasmus+ or other outgoing scholarships, please feel free to email our Scholarship Office at email@example.com .