Dreaming of the impossible is the first step towards making a change. Only by venturing into the unknown and stepping off the well-trodden path can new dreams and new ideas become reality.
The “Dream NEW” scholarship has been designed for students who dream big, crave adventure and set their sights on new horizons. It is for those wanting to realise their vision in the forward-thinking education climate of New Zealand – a country where innovation flourishes, and where people from all over the world come together to follow their dreams.
A New Zealand education encourages you to be open minded, creative and to dream new.
- You’d rather reach for the stars than live an ordinary life,
- You crave adventure and seek new horizons,
- People think you are crazy because you dream of the impossible,
…then you are the perfect candidate for the “Dream NEW” scholarship.
Apply and share your dream with us!
“Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$ 12,500 (approx. 8,000 €) each and will allow you to study at one of New Zealand’s highly-ranked, world class universities. The scholarship will cover tuition fees for eight students undertaking a Study Abroad programme in Semester One or Two in 2018.
Each of New Zealand’s eight universities offering one “Dream NEW” scholarship. Candidates can choose to study at Auckland University of Technology, Lincoln University, Massey University, Otago Polytechnic , University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Ara Institute of Canterbury, Eastern Institute of Technology or Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a EU citizen or hold EU residents status for a minimum of 2 years
- Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in one of the 28 EU countries
- 18 years or above at the time of application
Applications are welcome from citizens (or residents) of all European Union countries in all fields of study. Applicants must have English language proficiency in order to undertake courses in New Zealand. You will need to provide evidence of this in order to apply for the scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit the provider’s website for more information and to apply.
In addition to the application form, you must submit the below in order to complete the “Dream NEW” application:
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date
- Evidence of English-Language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Evidence of application to a Study Abroad programme at a New Zealand university
Further details are available in the application form.
Video or text statement
Create a short video OR write a short blog/essay introducing yourself and explaining why you’re the right candidate for the “Dream New” Scholarship. Show us why you are a New Zealand fan; what you are dreaming of; which university you have chosen, explain what and why you’d like to study in New Zealand. Your statement should showcase your personality, creativity and your desire for New Zealand.
Statements can be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Video (maximum 2 minutes)
- Online blog / essay (maximum 1,500 characters, including spaces)
As part of the “Dream NEW” scholarship application candidates must include evidence of application to a New Zealand university. New Zealand does not have a centralized university applications service, so students need to apply individually to each university they are interested in.
Make sure to indicate in your university application that you are also applying for the “Dream NEW” Scholarship.
Important: While you are required to submit evidence that you have applied to a New Zealand university, you do not need an acceptance letter, or offer of place at the time of your scholarship application.
English language skills
Candidates must submit either:
- A scan of the certificate/s of English language proficiency you hold (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD, university tests etc.) OR,
- A letter from your current European university, confirming your English language proficiency.
Important: Please check with your New Zealand host university on the exact English language skills requirements.
- You must apply for the scholarship by 1 September, 2017.
- Make sure you allow enough time to also apply at the New Zealand university of your choice and to submit an English language test if required.
- The winners will be announced in October 2017