See Practical matters

Language & Culture

UT English Language Course

It is common for your host university to ask for a recently acquired (less than two years ago) original certificate (IELTS or TOEFL) as proof of your English proficiency. If you would like to improve your English language skills, the UT Language Coordination Centre offers language courses. For more information follow the link below.


If you want to know more about your host country, Lonely Planet travel guides are always a good starting point. This world-renowned travel guide offers information on a wide variety of hotels, restaurants, sights and entertainment in all price ranges, as well as insight into the local culture.