The University of Twente has only a few intake moments:
- Enrolment for a Bachelor’s programme only at 1 September.
- Enrolment for a (pre-)Master’s programme at 1 September or 1 February.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to enrol for a (pre-)Master at February please first contact the relating study adviser and ask if this programme has a manageable study programme at 1 February.
Click here for the list of names from the study advisers.
This means that it is even more important for you as a student to finish your (re)enrolment and payment of the tuition fee on time. When your (re)enrolment is not arranged in the month of September we can’t enrol you to start 1 September 2017. The next enrolment date for the Bachelor’s programme will be 1 September 2018 and for the Master’s programme 1 February 2018.
- Only with permission of the head of the Student Administration Office (SAO) you can be enrolled at other moments during the year because of force majeure and special circumstances.
- If you graduate for your UT Bachelor’s programme or UT pre-Master during the academic year 2017-2018 and you would like to be enrolled in the UT Master you will be enrolled in the Master from the first of the month following the month of graduation.
- If you are enrolled at the UT on 1 September and you would like to change your study programme you will be enrolled from the first of the month following the month in which your enrolment request has been done. This is not possible for the fixed quota study Bachelor Technische Geneeskunde.
- If you are enrolled at the UT on 1 September and you would like to study a second programme you will be enrolled from the first of the month following the month in which the enrolment request has been done. This is not possible for the fixed quota study Bachelor Technische Geneeskunde.
- An application for enrolment that is submitted on or after 1 September will result in enrolment from the first of the month in which the application is submitted if all other requirements for enrolment have been met and if you have permission of the head of SAO.
What is the Bachelor-before-Master rule? This means that you can only start a Master’s programme after you have passed the complete Bachelor’s programme. If you have not competed your Bachelor yet, you are not allowed to follow any Master courses.
Ask your study advisor for more information about the Bachelor-before-Master rule.