See Reservations

Free use of the sports facilities


For UnionCard holders and Campus Card holders it is allowed to use some sports accommodation from the Sports Centre for free if you stick to certain conditions. It is only allowed when the sports facility is not used and reserved at the time. You can't make a reservation for 'free use'. The Service Desk employee determines whether you are or are not allowed to use the sports accommodation for free.


The following accommodations can be used for free sports:

  • SC 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
  • Multi-Lacrosse 
  • Artificial football field
  • Climbing walls and boulder wall; (You need a pass from an association)
  • Running track (excluding lawn);
  • Tennis courts 1-10;
  • Basketball training platform;
  • Beach Accommodation;
  • Far field;
  • Dojo; (You need a pass from an association)
  • Manual Shooting course; (You need a pass from an association)
  • Survival course. (You need a pass from an association)


  • It is mandatory that all athletes have a valid UnionCard or CampusCard;
  • It's only possible to use an accommodation with 2 or more sporters. 
  • The Service Desk employee decides whether you can or can't make use of the accommodation for free sports;
  • All athletes must scan their Card at the Service Desk and leave the Card with the employee of the Service Desk. The Card can be picked up after using the sports accommodation;
  • The accommodation is at least for one hour available if permission has been granted by the Service Desk employee;
  • Reservations for 'free use' are not allowed;
  • Materials of the Sport Centre can be borrowed or rented;
  • It is not allowed to teach a clinic, workshop or playing an internal or external competition.
  • If you want to make use of any of the sports accommodation, you need to be at least 16 years old.

More information about free use or the rules can be found in this schedule.