Leonardo da Vinci and Albrecht Dürer were artists who used mathematical principles for their works of art. Dr. Rinus Roelofs is a modern artist who stands in the same tradition. Connected holes, combined transformations or infinite polyhedra, his sculptures look complicated and elegant at the same time. Being a mathematician, Roelofs plays creatively with geometry. He exhibits his objects worldwide. In South Korea they really adore his beautiful structures and our own campus offers huge examples in concrete, made by a 3D printer. See www.rinusroelofs.nl for more. On 17 November Roelofs will give a workshop on polyhedra. In cooperation with Apollo and Abacus.
Tuesday 12 October 2021 19:30 - 21:00
- Tue 7 Feb 2023 19:30 - 21:00Dutch Design
- Tue 14 Feb 2023 19:30 - 21:00Solar sailing through space
- Tue 21 Feb 2023 19:30 - 21:00Vegan food: another way of cooking
- Thu 23 Feb 2023 20:00 - 22:00Science Cafe Enschede: Quantum computer from Twente
- Tue 7 Mar 2023 16:30 - 17:30The inspiring life of Christy Aikhorin