To announce a transferred call in Skype for business follow the steps described in this manual.
In this situation a user is being called by an cell phone or external number, this person wants to be transferred to another cell phone or external phone number.
Before you get started
- This manual is meant for employees of the University of Twente.
- To transfer a call from/to a skype caller there is another manual.
- This is a general manual. It is possible that the steps in this manual differ from the steps you have to take.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: TO ACCEPT THE INCOMING CALL AND PLACE IT ON HOLD
- When a call “pop-up” appears, take a moment to put on your headset.
- Click on the pop-up to accept the call.
- When you are ready to place the call on hold, click Hold (optional).
Placing the call on hold is optional-the call will be automatically placed on hold when you make a new call to the intended recipient. However, it can feel more familiar to place the call on Hold if you prefer.
A banner will display on the original conversation window showing that the call is on hold.
STEP 2: TO MAKE A NEW CALL TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSFER.
- Open the Skype for Business (Lync) main panel.
- Type the name of the recipient in the search box, or find them in your Contacts List.
- Hover over their profile photo to reveal the options, then click the Call icon.
A new conversation window opens for the selected contact.
- Announce the call to the intended recipient.
STEP 3: TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER.
- If you want to speak to the caller, return to the original conversation window and click Resume Call (optional)
- Select the Transfer icon.
Any open conversations are listed in the Transfer Call window.
- Select the conversation with the intended recipient, then click Transfer.
The call is transferred and you will be dropped out of the call-both conversation windows will close automatically.