Teams is the successor of Skype for Business. With Teams, you invite colleagues to chat, meet, call and collaborate. All this in one place, wherever you are.
Before you start
- This manual is written for Windows, Linux, Apple, Android and Apple mobile telephones.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
YOU REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- An Internet connection.
- (UT) e-mail address.
Installing Microsoft Teams
- Go to teams.microsoft.com.
- Log on with your (UT) email address.
- Click on the download button on the bottom left.
- Install Teams with predefined settings.
- Once installed, log on with your (UT) email address .
You have now downloaded and installed Microsoft Teams.
Scheduling a Microsoft Teams meeting
It is easy to schedule a meeting directly in Teams. Please, follow these steps.
If you want to use Outlook, follow the steps below:
- Open your calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the button New Teams Meeting.
- Enter the Title of the meeting, insert the people required or optional and select the date and time. Click Send.
The people you selected will now receive a Teams meeting invitation.
Participate in a Microsoft Teams meeting
- If accepted the invitation, an item will be added to your calendar. To join the meeting, click the link Join Microsoft Teams Meeting in the calendar item.
- Outlook will open Microsoft Teams directly or a new webpage will open to Microsoft Teams.
- Now enable or disable your microphone and camera and click Join Now to enter the meeting.
Click here for the manual to learn the basics in Microsoft Teams.