Early 2022 the University of Twente has moved the UT-emailboxes to Microsoft Office 365. One of the consequences is that e-mail older than 2 year is automatically moved to the online archive. This manual describes how to change the auto archive period to "never", and how to move already archived e-mail back to the regular mailbox.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
- For this manual you must use the Microsoft Outlook 365 client on Windows.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
- Please note that moving a lot of e-mail can take a while.
Change the archive policy
- Right click on the mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and select Folder Permissions.
- Go to the tab Policy and select the time after which e-mail should be moved to the online archive at Move items to the Archive when older than.
move the content of the Archive back to your mailbox
You can restore the archive in two ways:
- Per Folder (This only works if no folder with the same name already exists.).
- Per content of folder (make sure the folder is already present before you "move").
Option 1 (per folder):
- Right click on the folder you want to restore and select Move Folder.
- Select the parent folder where the archive folder should be moved to and click OK.
Option 2 (per content of folder):
- Select the archive folder whose contents should be restored.
- Click on any e-mail in the folder and press control+a to select all mail in the folder. The selected items turn blue:
- Right click on any selected e-mail and click: Move > Other folder...
- Select the folder to move the e-mail to and click OK.