Below you will find an overview of some of the most popular upcoming (open) calls for the UT research community, based on past applications and UT research focus themes. The list is NOT meant to be exhaustive.
Please be aware that Horizon 2020 will be finishing in 2020.
- SU-AI01-2020: Developing a research roadmap regarding Artificial Intelligence in support of Law Enforcement (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-AI02-2020 Secure and resilient Artificial Intelligence technologies, tools and solutions in support of Law Enforcement and citizen protection, cybersecurity operations and prevention and protection against adversarial Artificial Intelligence (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-AI03-2020: Human factors, and ethical, societal, legal and organisational aspects of using Artificial Intelligence in support of Law Enforcement (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-DRS02-2018-2019-2020: Technologies for first responders (deadline 27 August 2020)
- C-SC3-CC-9-2020: Industrial (Waste) Heat-to-Power conversion (deadline 1 September 2020)
Thematic H2020 calls
- Green Deal call: expected deadline January 2021
Marie-Skłodowska Curie Actions
- MSCA-IF-2020: Marie- Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowships (deadline 9 September 2020)
- MSCA-COFUND-2020: Co-funding of regional, national and international programmes (deadline 29 September 2020)
- ERC Advanced Grant (deadline 26 August 2020)
The ERC Scientific Council is sharing its tentative planning for the 2021-2022 ERC calls for proposals. As of now, the following intended timetable has been presented:
Starting Grant 2021
12 Jan 2021
9 March 2021
Consolidator Grant 2021
21 Jan 2021
20 April 2021
Advanced Grant 2021
20 May 2021
31 Aug 2021
These dates are still subject to change. We count on a few months' delay, as budget negotiations and Horizon Europe plans are still ongoing and somehow delayed. Still, it is good to take the dates provided as guideline for earliest dates to-be-expected (and avoid surprises).
NWO (Dutch research council)
Grants opportunities (selection)
- Key Technologies Call (former NWO/HTSM call): Deadline suitability statement (mandatory) 10th of November 2020. preproposal deadline 19 January 2021; upon invitation only, full proposal 18 mei 2021
- KIC Innovations for wind and solar energy - deadline pre-proposal 28th of January 2021; upon invitation only, submission full proposal deadline 1 June 2021
- KIC Circular Plastics and Bio-based resources: deadline pre-proposal 26 January 2021; full proposal deadline 25 May 2021.
- Human Measurement Models 2.0 for health research on diseases and prevention: deadline 3 November 2020
- Incentive Funds for Women in STEM: first come, first serve (funds close 31 December 2020)
There are several internal grant opportunities offered by the University of Twente for its researchers to collaborate with hospitals in the region or private enterprises.
- UT-WWU Strategic collaboration grant: October 5th 2020 17:00
- Twente University RadBoudumc Opportunities (TURBO): deadline 6 July 2020
- Connecting Industies: closed for 2020
More grants and calls can be found using Research Professional.